Thursday, September 15, 2016

Avery Elle/Simon Says Stamp StampTEMBER Exclusive!!

 

 

Hello stampy friends!!

 

Print

 

Have you been enjoying the Simon Says Stamp StampTEMBER releases?!!  I know I have been!  Avery Elle has created an amazing stamp set for this event, and we were lucky enough to get to play with it!  Here’s what the Christmas Cheer Stamp Set looks like;

 

SSS101667_ChristmasCheer_stamps

 

And here’s what I created with it!

 

09-16-16-Avery-Elle-Simon-Says-Stamp-StampTEMBER

 

This set was super fun to play with!  The snowflakes are the perfect size and scale for holiday card designs!  Here’s how I created my project:

 

  1. Trim an A2, vertical, top-folding card base from Boysenberry Card Stock.  Score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect the crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
  2. a.  Trim two A2 panels from Smooth White Card Stock.
    b.  Using a Mini MISTI, arrange the snowflakes.
    c.  Ink up the stamps using the Mermaid Ombre Ink Pad and stamp them onto the first image panel.
    d.  Clean the stamps, and ink them up a second time using VersaMark Ink.  Stamp the snowflakes onto the second image panel.  Heat emboss the snowflakes using Clear Detail Embossing Powder.
    e.  Stamp the sentiment on the first image panel using New Moon Dye Ink.
    f.   Stamp the sentiment on the second image using New Moon Dye Ink, and then again using VersaMark.  Heat emboss the sentiment using Clear Detail Embossing Powder.
  3. Using a Mini Ink Blending Tool, blend Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean and Wilted Violet Distress Inks onto the embossed image panel.
  4. Using the Double Pierced Rectangle Elle-Ments, die cut the center of the ink blended image panel.
  5. Using the Double Pierced Rectangle Elle-Ments, die cut the outside edge of the first image panel.  Adhere it to the card base using foam tape.
  6. Adhere the ink blended panel to the image panel, being careful to align it over the top of the first image panel so that the images line up perfectly.
  7. Adhere rhinestones to the centers of some of the snowflakes using Multi Medium Matte.

 

Super easy, and really packs a colorful punch, don’t you think?!!  I am really loving this stamp set and will most definitely be using it again for my holiday cards!  You can find the Christmas Cheer Stamp Set, as well as the coordinating dies, in the Simon Says Stamp store HERE.

 

That’s it for me today, friends!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I sure do appreciate it!  I’ll be hanging with my granddaughter today, so I have that to look forward to!  Woot!  Hope you have a great day, too!

12 comments:

Casey-Diane said...

It is beautiful!!! I love this set...I am going to have to order it!!

Casey-Diane said...

It is beautiful!!! I love this set...I am going to have to order it!!

bev p said...

I just did a very similar card! Did the backgrounds in blues and purples with watercolor pencil, then die cut and punched snowflakes out of white clitter cardstock!!!! I am so pleased with how it turned out! I love the two-layered look of this. Might have to try that now that I have a MISTI (it really IS the most incredible tool EVER, isn't it!). Thanks.

Julie Learned said...

This card is beautiful! Great job! Thanks for the awesome instructions as always too! :)

KimCreate said...

I am in LOVE with this card! Thanks for the detailed instructions. I want to try the exact same thing, I think it is pretty, certainly does pack a punch without too much work!

Barbara said...

Just had to comment because this is so beautiful. Love the simplicity of the design and the beautiful colors.

Natalie said...

Simply elegant! Love it!

cassie said...

This is beautiful! I'm getting inspired to make some holiday cards :)

Marcie Lovett said...

I came over from Simon to tell you how much I like this beautiful, simple card. Lovely!

patti said...

What a lovely card!! You make it sound easy!

Teresa Doyle said...

Karolyn, I absolutely love your card. I have pinned this to try, it is so beautiful. I love this beautiful set. TFS!

Geri said...

STUNNING!!! I love, love, LOVE the purple base!!! My SIL is a purple fanatic so I am definitely CAS-ing this A-mazing card for her!