Monday, September 12, 2016

My Favorite Things–Release Replay!


Hello, crafty friends!

Print

Have you had a chance to play with your new MFT goodies from last week’s release?!!  I just can’t stop!!  I’m popping in today to share a set of cards that I created using the new Geometric Greenery Stamp Set and coordinating Die-Namics.  These came together really quickly!!

KKL_SEP1216-Release-Replay-3

KKL_SEP1216-Release-Replay

KKL_SEP1216-Release-Replay-2

So, I live in the Pacific Northwest in the summer/early fall.  My brain exploded as I was driving through our neighborhood a few weeks ago.  The leaves are changing, and the hillsides look like a gorgeous painting.  That’s where I came up with the idea to use the Abstract Art Stamp Set to color the leaves in the Geometric Greenery Stamp Set.  I assembled three different fall-themed color palettes, and went to town!  Here’s how I created these projects (all the same, except for the ink colors and the card bases):

  1. Trim three A2, top-folding vertical card bases from Persimmon, Summer Splash and Tangy Orange Card StockScore at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect the creases with a Teflon Bone Folder.
  2. Trim three A2 image panels from Smooth White Card StockStamp the leaves from the Geometric Greenery Stamp Set onto each of the image panels using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink.
  3. Stamp the sentiments from the Geometric Greenery Stamp Set onto each image panel using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink.
  4. Stamp three inks (Poppy, Orange Zest and Sunshine; Summer Splash, Limelight and Daffodil; and Pure Plum, Pineapple, and Tangy Orange Hybrid Inks) onto the leaves, using the Abstract Art Stamp Set.  It’s fun to slightly overlap each of the inks, to help the ink colors blend.
  5. Use the coordinating Geometric Greenery Die-Namics to die cut the leaves.  Remove the die cuts, and set them aside.  Use the Wonky Stitched Rectangle Die-Namics to die cut the outer edges of each of the image panels.
  6. Splatter the image panels with gold paint.
  7. Adhere the image panels to the card bases with foam tape.  Adhere the leaves back into their respective openings, using double foam tape.
  8. Tie hemp cord into bows and adhere them to the stems of the leaves using a micro glue dot.

You can never have enough thank you cards in your stash, and the sentiments in the Geometric Greenery Stamp Set and particularly perfect for unique thank you cards.  I’ve listed all of the products that I used below.

Please click on through to the My Favorite Things Design Blog to be linked to more beautiful inspiration using the September New Release products.  I guarantee you’ll be happy you did!

That’s it for me today, friends!  I’m off to have lunch with my mom today, and then back to my craft room to get a few more projects created!  I thank you for stopping by today – it’s the highly of my day when you do!

PRODUCTS USED:

1 comment:

Geri said...

Love the colors, love the 'paint swoosh' images and LOVE the splatter!!!