Monday, November 21, 2016

My Favorite Things–Holiday Tags!

 

Hello my loves!!

 

MFT_CreativeConstruction_SideBar

 

Today, I’m joining some of my sweet My Favorite Things teammates to share some fun and creative holiday tags using Blueprints Die-Namics!  Perfect timing, since the holidays are right around the corner!!!

 

KKL_NOV2116-CCWBP-Individual

 

I decided to pull out my Chill Wishes Stamp Set to add a cutie patootie factor to my tags, that were created using the Tag Builder 6 Blueprints Die-Namics!  This set of tag dies is super versatile, and worked perfectly to help me create these fun snow scenes for those darling winter penguins!!

 

KKL_NOV2116-CCWBP-Close-Up

 

Cute, right?!!  Here’s how I created the tags:

 

  1. Using the solid circle die from the Tag Builder 6 Blueprint Die-Namics, die cut three tags from black polka dot paper (from the Itsy Bitsy Polka Dot 6 x 6 Paper Pack)
  2. Using the partial opening circle die from the Tag Builder 6 Blueprint Die-Namics, die cut three tags from Smooth White Card Stock.  Remove the negatives from the white tags and die cut “for you” from each tag, using the Tag Builder 6 Blueprints Die-Namics.  Adhere the negatives to the polka dot tags using tape runner adhesive.
  3. Stamp the penguin images from the Chill Wishes Stamp Set onto some Smooth White Card Stock using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink.  Color the images with Copic Markers, and die cut them out using the coordinating Chill Wishes Die-Namics.  Adhere each penguin to the white tags using foam tape.
  4. Layer the white tags on top of the polka dot tags and tie them together by looping some black and white baker’s twine through the hole at the top of the tag.  Tie some red baker’s twine into a bow around the top knot to finish off the tags.

 

These tags came together really quickly, and I had a blast creating them!  And the Tag Builder 6 Blueprint Die-Namics helped immensely!!  They’ll be going onto gifts for my grandkids, since I know they’ll appreciate them!  I love how I can personalize them inside the tag, but that the front tag covers that up for a fun surprise inside!

 

KKL_NOV2116-CCWBP

 

Please click on through to the My Favorite Things Design Blog to check out the other holiday tags that my sweet teammates have created for your inspiration!  There are some awesome ideas there!!  I’ve listed the products that I used below.

 

Thanks so much for stopping by today, friends!  Two days and counting before my kids arrive for the Thanksgiving holiday!  I’ve got lots of things to get accomplished before they get here, so I’m off to get some things crossed off my “to do” list!  I’ll back in a few days with more crafty stuff!  Wishing you and yours a very blessed and happy Thanksgiving holiday!!!

 

PRODUCTS USED:

7 comments:

Bunny Dobbie said...

Love these little penguins! Great idea to use them on tags.

House Chef said...

Karolyn--Delightful Tags! Love the dotted background!

Shirley said...

Love your tags...so cute!

Geri said...

The cutie-patootie factor is off the charts for these darling tags! Love the polkie dot night sky :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Such a clever tag design! I love how they slide open to reveal the to/from portion. And you nailed the cutie patootie factor with those penguins! <3

Renee said...

Love the black and white! Super cute!

Evelyn vasquez said...

Adorable tags, really enjoy the black and white background.