Tuesday, June 26, 2018

My Favorite Things–Hits & Highlights: COCKTAILS!

Hello my loves!!

Print

Have you missed me?!!  LOL  I’ve been super busy behind the scenes doing gramma stuff and trying to get my July Design Team projects done! But I wanted to pop in and share  project that I made for the Retreat that I helped teach at the MFT Headquarters in Eustis, Florida!  We had 30 of THE most adorable ladies join us for five classes over three days, and I was blessed enough to teach one of the three hour classes.  The theme of this month’s Hits & Highlights Challenge just happens to be COCKTAILS, so my project fit the bill perfectly – BONUS!!

KKL_MAY0618-CD-Day-2

Yes, friends!  I broke out the Shrinky Dink to create some super fun glass charms and a tag for a fun gift presentation!  The MFT Products that I used are highlighted in the instructions and linked below.  Here’s how I created my project:

1. Die cut the Wine Tag Die-Namics from Smooth White Card Stock.

2. Using the grid from the Cross-Stitch Tag Die-Namics, die cut the grid from the bottom of the wine tag die cut.

3. Stamp the solid martini glass image from the Martini Time Stamp Set onto some Smooth White Card Stock using Spiced Marmalade and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink, blending the two colors at the stem.

4. Stamp the lemon image from the Martini Time Stamp Set onto some Smooth White Card Stock using Squeezed Lemonade and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide Ink, blending the two colors on the rind.

5. Die cut the solid martini glass and lemon using the coordinating Martini Time Die-Namics.

6. Stamp the sentiment from the Martini Time Stamp Set onto some Black Licorice Card Stock using Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink. Heat emboss it with white embossing powder. Die cut it using the Stitched Sentiment Strip Die-Namics.

7. Adhere the martini glass, lemon and sentiment strip to the upper portion of the wine tag using foam squares.

8. Stamp the Appletini, Chocotini, Martini, Shaker, Lemon, Lime, and three olives onto some Bright White Shrinky Dink using Jet Black StazOn. Die cut the images using the coordinating Martini Time Die-Namics.

9. Using a 1/8” hole punch, punch a hole in each of the shrinky dink die cuts. Hold each of the die cuts on a heat-safe surface using tweezers or a piercing tool, and heat the die cuts with a Heat Embossing Gun until the die cuts shrink and lay flat. Quickly place an acrylic block on top of the shrunken die cuts to make sure that they’re good and flat.

10. Loop one of the silver jump rings through each of the holes in the shrunken die cuts and close the ends using needle nose pliers.

11. Place crystal beads and one or two shrinky dink charms onto each of the four wine charm wires. Using the needle nose pliers, curve the flat end of the wine charm wires to ensure a secure closure when pinched together.

12. Loop the stretchy bead thread through the holes in the wine tag grid and the loops of the wine charms and secure the thread by tying a knot in the back of the tag.

Keep in mind that I had a few of the products that I used in my personal stash, but they can easily be obtained at Michael’s or JoAnn’s if you’d like to reproduce this project yourself.  Here’s a closeup of the projecct:

KKL_MAY0618-CD-Day-2-Closeup


I’ve listed and linked most of the products that I used below.  Please click on through to the MFT Design Blog to be linked to the other spectacular projects that my teammates have created for you using the theme of COCKTAILS!  No doubt you’ll find some AMAZING designs to inspire you!

That’s it for me today, friends!  I’ll be in my craft room continuing to cross off the stuff on my “to do” list!  Thanks so much for stopping by today – I appreciate it more than you know!  Have an amazing day!

PRODUCTS USED:

3 comments:

Barbara said...

I just love this idea! So clever of you!

Queen Mary said...

What a fun idea!

Laurie said...

OMG!! What a cool idea! It's so clever! How did the oxide inks work with the Shrinky Dinks? They didn't run or smear? Wow!!