Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Thanks for the Hospitality!

 

Window of Hospitality

Happy Wednesday!

 

It is pouring down rain here (surprise, surprise, right?!), so it’s a perfect day for stamping.  I created this for a couple of reasons.  One, to thank my mother-in-law, who hosted eight  adults, one newborn, and a dog for four days this past weekend.  She also cooked for all of us, as well as any other stray relatives who happened to “pop in” to see the new baby.  She handled all of it with absolute grace and finesse – I feel so fortunate that she is my mother-in-law.  And I want her to know that I appreciate her and her generous and hospitable spirit.

STAMPS:  Home Made (PTI), Background Basics:  Retro (PTI)
INK:  Versamark (Tsukineko), Wave Pigment Ink (American Crafts)
PAPER:  Brilliant Blue CS (Stampin’ Up!), White CS (Neenah), Pure Poppy CS (PTI), Bitty Dot DP (PTI)
ACCESSORIES:  Janome Sew Mini, Pure Poppy Button (PTI), Glue Dot, Rouge and White Embossing Powder (Zing/American Crafts), Canvas Impression Plate (PTI), Cuttlebug, 1/8” White Silk Ribbon (PTI), Donut Chain Edger Punch (EK Success), Stampin’ Dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!)

It also qualifies for a couple of challenges:  the CARDS imageMagazine Blog Challenge (create a window card), the City Crafter Challenge #7 (button and bow), “Just Us Girls” Challenge #35 (dry embossing).  My inspiration came from the latest Creative Mint collage – I want to be inside Leslie’s brain, as she always comes up with THE most beautiful inspiration photos.  This particular collage reminded me so much of our trip to Cabo . . . can’t wait to go back!

 

What kind of ink do you use with clear stamps?  Mostly, I use the PTI Ink because it matches the cardstock that I’m using.  Some of their inks are a hybrid formula, and some are a special pigment ink formula.  I especially like the pigment ink.  But I recently purchased some of the new American Crafts Pigment Ink.  Can I just say that I LOVE them!!  First of all they come in all the same amazing colors as the Zing embossing powders, which I think is far superior to any other embossing powder I’ve ever used.  Second, the coverage on clear stamps is amazing – no missed spots, no splotchy coverage.  It’s super creamy and smooth, and it dries really fast!  So you don’t have to worry about smearing it.  If you have a chance, I highly recommend that you try it out with your clear stamps (or rubber stamps, for that matter) – it’s pretty great stuff.  I got mine at www.scrapbook.com – super fast service, and they had all the colors.  I’ve also seen it at www.scrapgal.com – also great service.  Two Peas had it, too, but I thought their charge for shipping was a bit unreasonable.

 

That’s it for me today!  I plan to get back to the stamp table this evening and crank out some more crafty goodness to share with you.  Thanks so much for stopping by!



11 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely! Colors are great! love that window too! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Unknown said...

pretty card, love the colors. thanks for joining us at the CCCB

Mona Pendleton said...

What a pretty card! That red door seems to pop right off the card! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls :)

Terri said...

Great card, Missy. Lovin' the all American color pallette, I'm sure your MIL will love it too!

Erin Smetak said...

Cute card, Karolyn!!!! That is so nice that you have a wonderful MIL! You are a lucky lady!
I hear you about A Creative Mint! Aren't her collages brilliant and captivating?!

LeAnne said...

Beautiful! This also qualifies for the challenge at Splitcoast today--a "home" theme. Love the colors and images, just a wonderful gesture for your MIL!

Unknown said...

Just darling! I love how bright and bold it is!

(-: Heidi

Unknown said...

How sweet is this, When I read that it is raining were you were it made me wish I was there, I love the rain, but it never rains here in Vegas! :( In fact it is going to be over 100 this weekend.. Yuk!

Anyway, Love your card and Thanks for joining us at CCCB.

AKiteFlier said...

Great way to do the embossing challenge! Very pretty card. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls. We appreciate your participation and support. :-) Hope to see you again on Saturday!

cnelson said...

Perfectly fabulous!! LOVE everything about this!! Thank you for playing along at CCCB!

Lisa Voerg said...

Congratulations on your CCCB spotlight. Your card is perfect.