Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Cameo Spotlight Challenge #1–Summer!

 

Well hello, again!!

TCS#1 Graphic

I know, can you believe that first Cameo Spotlight Challenge is FINALLY here!!  It seems like it’s taken forever since the DT was announced!!  But today is the day that we get to share samples in the hopes that you all will be inspired to get your Silhouette or Cameo out and play with us!

TCS#1 - Wish You Were Here

So our first challenge is to create a card design that represents a summer time theme.  So when you think of summer, what do you think of?  Whatever it is, that’s what you should use as your inspiration for this week’s challenge!  My inspiration came from all those photos you see on Facebook of people who are on vacation and post a picture of their feet with some amazing tropical scene off in the distance.  And I’m really loving the Polaroid frame look these days, aren’t you?!  I saw that a stamp company recently came out with a photo frame die and the set was priced at $24 – what?!!  Believe me when I tell you I was thrilled to little bits to find a very similar frame in the Silhouette Studio Store for $.99!!  Woohoo again, right?!  But honestly, it wouldn’t take much to design your own instamatic frame in the Studio software – it’s just a rectangle with a square inside.  Easy peasy!!

PRODUCTS USED:

CUTTING FILES:  All from the Silhouette Studio Store - Polaroid Frame (Design #18096), Sun (Design #17283), Sand (Design #11275), Flip Flops (Design #20288)
STAMPS:  Wish You Were Here (Hero Arts)
INK:  Black Dye (Hero Arts/Memories)
PAPER:  Dots & Stripes Home Front Collection (Echo Park), Pool & Caramel CS (American Crafts), Sunshine, Lily White and Tropical CS (Bazzill Basics Paper)
OTHER:  Pearls (Stampin’ Up!), Heart to Heart #6 Cloud Die (PTI), Button (PTI), Baker’s Twine (Divine Twine)

 

I know you want to see what the other Cameo Spotlight chicas have created for your inspiration, right?!  Well, you so need to click on through to The Cameo Spotlight Challenge Blog to see for yourself.  That’s where you’ll also find the rules of the challenge as well as the InLinkz gadget to upload your challenge project – because I KNOW you want to play with us, right?!

 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  As you read this, we’ll be whizzing across the Pacific Ocean on the Victoria Clipper to Victoria, B.C. and Butchart Gardens!  I hope you have a fabulous weekend in store for you, too!

PaperTherapySignature

16 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Way to go for spending $0.99 for the photo frame! Genius! This card makes me want to hit the beach RIGHT NOW...enjoy the rest of the summer, Karolyn!I will be thinking of this darling card when I'm cruising away :)

Piali said...

Simply Gorgeous!!!
Cameo is on top of my wishlist.... I'll get it as soon I return back home(NJ) ;)
Hugs~
Piali.

Darnell said...

Love your bright summertime card, Karolyn! Your button sun is just adorable!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Hey .99 cents is so in my budget and look at what you were able to create with it! So FUN and really ADORABLE!!! You'll have to show us some photos of your trip on the Victoria Clipper!

Ellen said...

Fabulous "summer photo"!
Love it.
Hugs EllenR

Unknown said...

What a fun card! I love the scene inside the polaroid frame!

Lisa Arana said...

fun, fun, and cute! I adore those little flip flops in the sand. Totally says summer to me!

Lynne said...

This is a great summery fun card. Thanks so much for sharing. Lynne from OZ

JJ Bolton said...

My goodness, those little flip flops are soooooo cute! I'm a sucker for anything mini:) Perfect summer card Karolyn!

Sue from Oregon said...

I am a new follower and can't wait to see what your new DT brings! I know I will be inspired to learn new things about my machine. I so appreciate that you list all your files as well, I LOVE that! A darling summer card!!!

Nina Yang said...

Love that buttoned sun Karolyn! This is a lovely scene that you framed with a polaroid :)

Shirley Young said...

Lovely, summery card and the sun button looks great.

Terri said...

Adorable card...wish my flip flops were sitting on some sandy beach instead of frying next to my pool in the 115 degree temps! Once again you have nailed the challenge...you rock!

Donna B. said...

Super cute beachy scene! Love the button sun!

Sue said...

Fab card. I love the beach scene you've created. Sue.x

Unknown said...

Fab design, just love this new challenge blog. Give a lot of insentive to beginners of a cameo like me...thanks for your sweet words too. love annie

Joined your blog as your newest member..xx