Friday, March 21, 2014

Avery Elle AEI♥U Challenge #3–Gradient/Ombre!

 

Happy Friday, stampy friends!!

 

I’m back today with the next Avery Elle AEI♥U Challenge – I can’t believe we’re already on the third challenge!!  Time flies when you’re having fun, right?!  LOL  The next challenge is a super fun one, and one that is still very relevant in terms of trends.  It is

 

Challenge 3

 

I am such a fan of this trend, and had a blast creating for this challenge!  Here’s what I came up with:

 

Challenge 3 - Thank You Ombre

 

I was inspired by this photo that I found on Pinterest:

 

Inspiration

(Source)

 

I created the gradient/ombre pink color using some Peerless Watercolors (love the vibrancy of these water colors!) and a broad tipped water brush.  It was a bit of a process to get that look, but with a bit of patience and a lot of water, I managed to get it to look the way I wanted it to.  I stamped the wreath and sentiment from Winter Wreath in VersaMark and heat embossed it with white embossing powder to create this springy scene.  Which just makes me happy, by the way.  Who says you can’t use winter themed stamps for other seasons?!!  Right?!!  I wanted to carry the gradient/ombre look through to the flowers, so I used a trick that I love – one that really stretches your stamps.  I inked up the back of those sweet posy images from Oh Happy Day with Pixie ink, stamped them, and then flipped them and inked up the front of the stamps with Raspberry ink and stamped them over the top of the Pixie ink.  I did the same thing with the leaves, inking the backs of the stamps with Lemon Grass, and the fronts with Celery.  I then trimmed out the flowers and leaves, and adhered them to the card front with foam tape.

 

So what do you think?!!  Does this make you want to give the challenge a try?!  We’d so love to see your take on the challenge.  You can link up your project over at the Avery Elle AEI♥U Challenge Blog.  You’ll find all of the details of the challenge there, AND you can peruse the amazingness that my sweet teammates have created for your inspiration!

 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I’m off to finish up prepping the house for visiting family, and lots of fun activities planned for the weekend!  Hoping you have a great weekend planned for yourself!

 

 

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh I LOVE this!

Kristie Goulet said...

WOW! This is beautiful! I love seeing different ideas for this wreath. It is one of my favorites! Thanks for sharing!

Patricia Hays said...

The wreath with the cheery flowers looks terrific against that awesome, vibrant watercolored background! :)

Happy Dance said...

So sweet! Love the ombre done in these happy pinks! And those flowers...perfect! Bev

Geri said...

Love your clever resourcefulness - using the back of the stamp to create a mat is brilliant...and looks great! Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS water colored background!

Your talent is never ending dear friend!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Karolyn! I love it!!