Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Cutting Edge Challenge #7!

 

Happy Saturday, friends!!

 

It’s time to share the next Cutting Edge Challenge, and I think you’re going to love this week’s inspiration photo!

 

 

This week’s inspiration is brought to you by Jackie Rockwell!  Isn’t it so fun and cute?  Jackie’s eye for detail, color and composition always amaze me.  I was inspired by the color palette, as well as the layout.  Here’s my answer to the challenge:

 

CEC7 - You're My Cup of Tea

 

I picked up this Teacups Stack die and have been waiting for the chance to use it!  Isn’t it so stinkin’ cute?!  I watercolored onto some watercolor paper using my Peerless Watercolors and a water brush.  Once dry, I die cut the teacup image and popped out most of the die cut areas.  I wanted most of the color to show, but still have a bit of white popping through the negative spaces.  After I finished, I wished that I had placed some embossing paste/stenciled images behind the cup, for added interest and texture.  Oh well – next time!  I’ve listed the products that I used below!

 

We’d love for you to play along with us this week!  If you click on through to The Cutting Edge Challenge Blog, you’ll find some additional card beauty provided by my sweet teammates, as well as the linky tool for you to link up YOUR take on the challenge!!  All you have to do is create a design, inspired by Jackie’s card, and use some form of die cutting (all forms accepted!) – easy peasy, right?!  You have until Thursday, August 14th at 9:00 AM EDT to play along!

 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I’m hoping to play the entire day in my craft room – I have some homework to do for the Stretch Your Stamps 2 Online Card Class that I’m taking!!  Oh how I love these classes!!

 

 

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh those tea cups are adorable! Love how you colored before die cutting Karolyn.

Happy Dance said...

Love those little teacups! Great take on Jackie's card, and I sure hope I can play along too this week! Bev

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous! I love the ombre die cut, so delicate and pretty!

Unknown said...

Squee! LOVE the teacups and how you handled the challenge!

Tracey McNeely said...

Karolyn absolutely adorable! Love that you still left some of the pieces in the die! Great ideas!

Karen Giron said...

Love, love, love this!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is amazing, love it so much!!!