Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Magazine "Special Thank You/Farewell" Blog Hop!




Hello!!



You should have arrived here from Tammy Jackson's blog.  And your next stop on the hop is Heather Campbell.

ETA:  If you haven’t yet checked out the tribute slideshow, please do so here. It’s amazing.

This is a post that I've been struggling with ever since I heard the news that Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Magazine would be closing its doors.  This is something that I never dreamed would become a reality.  I'm sad about this on so many levels.  It breaks my heart that the editorial team - the true "heart" of PC&S - will be losing their jobs in a few days.  I know that they gave their heart and soul every single day that they came to work. These amazing ladies - Jennifer, Kerry, Susan, Stacy, and Holly - are my heroes.  I've learned so much from each of them, and I will forever be grateful to them for everything they've done for me as a designer, and for all of us as a community.  It's because of them that I became the designer that I am today.  It's because of them that I tried things as a papercrafter that I never imagined I would ever have the courage to try.  It's because of them that I became friends with a community of women that I am in awe of and am inspired by every single day. They believed in me, and all of us, sometimes when we didn't believe in ourselves!

I hope to convey to each of the editors, and everyone at PC&S, that I will never, ever forget you!  You all have been a part of my life, this season that we've all found ourselves and our creative hearts, and I will keep that connection in my deep inside forever.  Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for all that you've done - everything listed above, and more - to make this papercrafting community an incredible place to be!

To Jennifer - thank you for hugs in the airport, for late night "you made the cut" emails, and those coveted "private call" messages.  You, sweet lady, have touched my heart in ways that I will never, ever forget.  I know there are great things in store for you, and I can't wait to see what that is!

To Kerry - thank you for being such a calming force when I'm screaming in my head and have diarrhea of the mouth.  You possess a level of grace and composure that I am envious of, and I know these characteristics will carry you far in life!

To  Susan - thank you for cheering and virtual partying with me when no one else was around to party with!!  You have no idea how much it meant to me that you were there when I was crying and laughing, and wanting so desperately to share my exciting news with someone - and no one was home!  But YOU were there!!  Thank you for giving me those heart-skips-a-beat emails that we all longed for with every new call.  Thank you for laughing and cutting up and drinking with me, and making me feel like I'm part of the "cool kids" table.  I WILL be seeing you again - girl's weekend in Phoenix - plan it!  Be there!

To Holly - thank you for your amazing style.  You might be quiet, but I know there's a sassy, smart, and funny girl underneath that quiet exterior.  Thank you for your shout outs, and for being the heart and soul of the Paper Crafts Connection.

To Stacy - thank you for your perseverance in trying to reach me last December to contribute to the Moxie Fab World after Cath left.  It meant the world to me that you asked.  I love that you love animals so much.  I love that you always had that "welcome to my home" spirit when I  would see you in the PC&S booth at CHA. Your smile lights up a room.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  These words seem so  inadequate.  But it's all I can muster at the moment.  Know that my feelings go much deeper than that, but I have no words for the depth of my sadness that it's all coming to an end.  It's been a great ride, ladies!!  Can't wait to see what God has in store for you all!!  Please know that you all are appreciated and loved.





16 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such an awesome post karolyn...love your card♡

Lenora said...

Beautiful card and post!

TheWinstonFamily said...

Thank you for a sharing a beautiful card.

Unknown said...

so beautiful!!!!

Darnell said...

Thank you for sharing your heartwarming story, Karolyn, and your gorgeous card! Hugs, Darnell

Lea Lawson said...

This card is just plain gorgeous, and your words are so genuine & sweet. Such a lovely tribute to PC&S!!

Shelly said...

Gorgeous card! And such a lovely post!

Kara said...

awesome!

Keren Baker said...

Your card is stunning and I love your post- so lovely that you know each of these girls and you're lucky to have met them x

very_inky_fingers said...

Such a beautiful card to showcase the beautiful heart you have as evidenced in ther comments you posted to the awesome people of PC&S.

donna mikasa said...

Love your personalized post (diarrhea of the mouth??) and chica, that is one gorjuss card!

Geri said...

...you had me blinkin' back some tears after reading your heartwarming post and the kind, kind words you have written.

I love the background you created. The mixed/blended colors are beautiful and can be interpreted as the blending of our crafting community coming together to support and thank all the amazing folks at Paper Crafts!

Carisa said...

wow, this is stunning!

Sue McRae said...

Such a sweet card and I love the fun shape using the new die.

Ashley Newell said...

This is gorgeous! I love all the rainbow colors! I love the dots too! and I heart you!

Amy Kolling said...

What a heartfelt post for PC &S!! They gave us so much over the years!!! Now for that gorgeous card......how did you do the distress ink background? LOVE!!