Monday, June 1, 2015

The Challenge Featured Designer - Sketch Challenge #37


Hola!!


http://alwaysplayingwithpaper.blogspot.ca/search/label/The%20Challenge



This is the first of TWO posts from me today!!  Lots of crafty goodness will be going on up in here, folks!  I am thrilled to announce that I’ve been invited to play along this month as the Featured Designer for The Challenge – a challenge blog owned and operated by the sweet and uber talented Lesley O’Conner.  Her blog is Always Playing With Paper, and she shares a ton of beautiful work there!  The Challenge offers up a different challenge each week, and this week it’s a sketch.  Check it!




http://alwaysplayingwithpaper.blogspot.ca/search/label/The%20Challenge



As I often do, I flipped the sketch and came up with this interpretation of it:





Do you see the sketch in there?  Somewhere?!  LOL  Okay, I took a bit of creative license with it, but the “essence” of it is still there.  That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.  LOL  Lots of die-cutting and a bit of ombre stamping – I am in LOVE with the new Hero Arts Ombre Ink Pads.  I used the Butter to Orange pad here.  I’ve listed all of the products I used below.

Please click on through to Lesley’s Blog and check out the other projects that The Challenge team has come up with in answer to this great sketch!!    If you’re inspired by the sketch, we’d love to have you play along with us, too!!

Thanks to Lesley for inviting me to guest design for her this month.  I’ll back each Monday this month with another project in answer to each week’s challenge!  There’s some fun stuff coming, friends – you’re going to love it!  In the meantime, I’ll be back in about an hour or so with the next Avery Elle AEI♥U Challenge.  I hope you’ll come back soon!!



4 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving the soft gray clouds and all the popped out items!

Lesley said...

This is an awesome take on the sketch! So happy to have you with us, Karolyn! xo

wienerhoneymooners said...

Sweet card!! Your post is totally sweet Karolyn, and loving that you are joining us as a SPecial Guest Star Designer with us!!!!

ADORE and smitten with the Avery Elle creations!!!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Sweet card!! Your post is totally sweet Karolyn, and loving that you are joining us as a SPecial Guest Star Designer with us!!!!

ADORE and smitten with the Avery Elle creations!!!!!