I’m back to share another project using some of the brand new products from the recent My Favorite Things release for this month’s Release Replay Challenge!
My adorable grandson, Brenner, is turning 4 next month, so I decided to use the new Out of the This World Stamp Set and coordinating Die-Namics to create a birthday card for him. Here’s how I created this project:
- Trim an A2, vertical top-folding card base from Orange Zest Card Stock. Score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
- Die cut an image panel from Sweet Tooth Card Stock using the stitched rectangle from the Blueprints 15 Die-Namics.
- Trim a piece of Stamping Mask Paper to fit the image panel. Die cut a circle from the mask using the Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Die-Namics. Remove the circle from the mask and adhere the mask to the image panel.
- Apply some Mermaid Lagoon and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks inside the circle aperture and blend the two using Mini Ink Blending Tools. Sprinkle some water droplets onto the inked circle and use a paper towel to remove some of the ink. Position the Inside & Out Stitched Circle Die inside the aperture, using the inside edge of the mask to make sure that the die slides perfectly into place. Emboss the die into the image panel using an embossing pad and your manual die cutting machine. Carefully remove the mask from the image panel.
- Stamp the rocket ship image from the Out of This World Stamp Set onto some Sweet Tooth Card Stock using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink and color it with Copic Markers. Use the coordinating Out of This World Die-Namics to cut out the image.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Out of This World Stamp Set onto the bottom of the image panel using Black Licorice Pigment Ink and heat emboss it with Clear Detail Embossing Powder.
- Die cut the numbers from Sweet Tooth Card Stock (four times for each number) using the Little Numbers Die-Namics. Die cut the four from Lush Lagoon Card Stock. Adhere all of the layers together with liquid adhesive, making sure to place the Lush Lagoon four on the top layer. Adhere the stacked numbers to the card base with liquid adhesive.
- Adhere the rocket ship to the image panel with foam tape. Die cut the Simple Leaf Flourish Die-Namic from Translucent Vellum and adhere it to the rocket ship.
- Adhere the image panel to the card base with foam tape.
I’m hoping that my grandson likes this card – he’ll probably like the gift more than the card, but I’m okay with that. He’s four!! LOL Please click on through to the My Favorite Things Design Blog to be linked to some AMAZEBALLS Release Replay Challenge projects from my sweet teammates – I promise you’re going to have your socks knocked off!!
That’s it for me today, friends!! I’ll be back soon with another installment of 5 Days to an Organized Crafty Stash!! Until then, thanks so much for stopping by! It truly makes my day when you do!