Hello my loves!
Did you think I fell off the face of the earth? We have been uber busy babysitting our granddaughter while the rest of her family were camping! We are pooped!! She’s not quite two, but that little girl kept us on our toes – we need a vacation now! LOL Anywho, I’m popping in today to share one of the projects that I created for Day 2 of the My Favorite Things July Card Kit – Twice the Wishes!! Today, the team is sharing “out of the box” projects – in other words, projects using items from the kit, as well as other current products.
I LOVE interactive cards!! And this kit features another fabulous piece-of-cake (no pun intended LOL) slider mechanism that has endless applications!! I used several of the dies from the kit to create the slider feature of this card, as well as the Twice the Wishes Stamp Set – which is chock-a-block full of awesome birthday sentiments! You MUST have this stamp set for your collection! Here’s what the card looks like when you pull on that tab at the top of the image panel!
How freakin’ cute is that?!! Here’s how I created my card:
- Trim an A2, vertical, top-folding card base from Sour Apple Card Stock. Score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect the crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
- Die cut an image panel from Smooth White Card Stock using the stitched rectangle from the Blueprints 15 Die-Namics.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Twice the Wishes Stamp Set at the bottom of the image panel using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink.
- Stamp splatters on the image panel with Razzle Berry and Sour Apple Hybrid Ink using the Distressed Patterns Stamp Set.
- Die cut the 3D present from black and white polka dot pattern paper using the Birthday Present Die-Namics. Die cut the bow from Sour Apple Sparkle Card Stock, again using the Birthday Present Die-Namics. Assemble the present and adhere the bow.
- Stamp the bear from the Beary Special Birthday Stamp Set onto some Smooth White Card Stock. Color the image with Copic Markers and die cut it using the coordinating Beary Special Birthday Die-Namics.
- Temporarily position the assembled present onto the image panel and use the positioning to place the slot die from the Twice the Wishes Card Kit onto the image panel so that the present covers up the slot and is centered, and the top of the slot opening is just below the top of the present. Remove the package and die cut the slot.
- Die cut the slider mechanism (from the Twice the Wishes Card Kit) from Smooth White Card Stock. Temporarily position the slider die cut to the back of the image panel so that the bottom edge of the mechanism is even with the bottom of the image panel, and covers the slot opening. Position one of the elongated slider discs (from the Twice the Wishes Card Kit) at the bottom of the slot opening. Adhere it to the slider mechanism with permanent liquid adhesive. Adhere the bear image to the front of the slider disc with more permanent liquid adhesive.
- Adhere strips of foam tape on either side of the slider mechanism (on the back of the image panel) to create a “track” for the slider mechanism. This will help keep it in position and be more stable when sliding it up and down. Trim off 1/4” from the bottom of the slider die cut, and adhere a piece of foam tape in its place to create a “stop” for the slider machanism.
- Adhere the assembled package to the image panel with 1/8” Scor Tape on the two sides and bottom, being careful to cover the bear image (when it’s in the down position)and allowing the bear to pop out of the top.
- Adhere the image panel to the card base with foam tape.
There you have it!! You NEED this kit, if only for the amazing stamp set and the capability to create interactive slider cards!! They’re worth the price of the kit alone!! I’ve listed all of the products that I used below.
Be sure and click on through to the My Favorite Things Design Blog to check out the other “out of the box” designs that my uber talented teammates have created for you! I know you’re going to be stunned and awed at their brilliance!!!
That’s it for me! I’ll be busy, busy, busy in my craft room today, playing with some new product and creating some product videos! I’ll be back tomorrow with another Twice the Wishes Card Kit project tomorrow – the day that this amazing kit will be available!! Thanks so much for stopping by today – I sure am glad that you did!!
MY FAVORITE THINGS PRODUCTS USED (the link to the kit will not be live until July 19, 2016 at 10:00 PM EDT):