NOTE: IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR MY AVERY ELLE/PRETTY PINK POSH HOP POST, PLEASE CLICK HERE!
It’s time, sweet friends!! The July Card Kit – Twice the Wishes – from My Favorite Things is available NOW and can be found HERE! So, quick like a bunny, head on over to the MFT Online Boutique and get yours, and then come back to see the second project that I created using some of the items from the kit!!
Okay, so I have another “out of the box” take on the kit – I used the Twice the Wishes Stamp Set, as well as the slider mechanism and slot dies – both from the kit - to create the interactive part of this birthday card! Here’s what it looks like when you pull the tab at the top!
Surprise!! I love how the candles pop out of the top of that cake!! Don’t you?!! Here’s how I created this card:
- Temporarily position the cake just above the sentiment; use that positioning to place the slot die from the Twice the Wishes Card Kit underneath the cake so that the top of the slot is just below the top of the cake. Remove the cake and die cut the slot.
- Die cut the slider mechanism from Smooth White Card Stock using the slider mechanism die from the Twice the Wishes Card Kit. With scissors, trim off enough of the bottom of the slider mechanism die cut so that the tab of the slider mechanism peeks out just above the top of the scalloped image panel, and the bottom of the mechanism doesn’t stick out of the bottom of the scalloped image panel.
- Position the slider mechanism on the back of the image panel so that it covers the slot, and adhere strips of foam tape on either side of the mechanism to create a “track.” This will help keep the slider stable.
- Place one of the slider discs from the Twice the Wishes Card Kit at the bottom of the die cut slot, and adhere it to the front of the slider mechanism with permanent liquid adhesive. Adhere the candles to the front of the slider disc with more permanent liquid adhesive. Adhere the layered cake to the image panel with foam tape, being careful not to block the movement of the slider disc and mechanism.
- Adhere the assembled image panel to the card base with foam tape.
There you go!! I just giggle every single time those candles pop out of the top of the cake! If you’re a visual learner like me, my talented teammate – Stephanie Klauck - has created an awesome video that you can find HERE. I’ve listed all of the products that I used below! Be sure and click on through to the My Favorite Things Design Blog to check out more incredible inspiration using the Twice the Wishes Card Kit!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I’ll be back soon with more crafty goodness to share with you! Until then, have a great day!!
MFT PRODUCTS USED: