It’s time for My Favorite Things Camp Create, Session 3, Day 4! Today’s activity is called Divine Dry Embossing, which means we’re going to get busy using those dies that you have in your stash to dry emboss on your project!
Here’s the project that I created for this exercise!!
So, I used the Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle STAX Die-Namics to die cut some masking paper, I did a bit of ink blending for the background, and then I placed that die back into the mask and ran it through my die cut machine using an embossing pad to emboss the stitched and scalloped detail of the die into the image panel. Dry embossing with dies is a great way to create a spot on your card to accentuate your focal image!! Here’s how I created my project:
- Trim an A2, vertical, top-folding card base from Black Licorice Card Stock. Score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect the crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
- Trim an A2 panel from Smooth White Card Stock.
- Trim an A2 panel from Stamping Mask Paper and die cut an aperture from the masking paper using the Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle STAX Die-Namics. Remove the release paper from the mask, and adhere it to the white image panel.
- Using a Mini Ink Blending Tool, lightly blend some Tumbled Glass and Mustard Seed Distress inks to create a sky and grass background.
- Before removing the mask from the image panel, slip the Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle back into aperture of the mask, and run it through your die cutting machine using the Embossing Pad to emboss the stitched and scalloped detail of the die into the image panel. Carefully remove the mask.
- Use the stitched rectangle from the Blueprints 15 Die-Namics to die cut the outside edges of the image panel.
- Stamp the dragon from the Magical Dragon Stamp Set onto some Smooth White Card Stock using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink. Color the image with Copic Markers. Die cut the image using the coordinating Magical Dragon Die-Namics. Adhere the dragon to the image panel using foam tape.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Magical Dragon Stamp Set onto some Black Licorice Card Stock using Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink. Heat emboss the sentiment using White Detail Embossing Powder. Die cut the sentiment using the flag die contained in the Blueprints 18 Die-Namics. Adhere the sentiment flag to the image panel using foam tape.
- Stamp the smoke from the Magical Dragon Stamp Set onto some Translucent Vellum using Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink, and heat emboss it with White Detail Embossing Powder. Die cut the smoke using the coordinating Magical Dragon Die-Namics.
- Die cut some hearts from Poppy Card Stock using the hearts dies contained in the Tag Builder Blueprints 5. Adhere the three smallest hearts to the smoke using small bits of foam tape. Affix more small bits of foam tape to the back of the smoke behind the hearts so that the foam tape is disguised. Adhere the smoke to the dragon.
- Adhere the largest heart to the sentiment flag with foam tape.
- Apply some Clear Wink of Stella to the hearts, and then apply a light coat of Glossy Accents to the hearts. Allow to fully dry.
- Adhere the assembled image panel to the card base with foam tape.
Here’s a close-up of the embossed detail! You can see the entire process of making this card in a video that I created that’s posted on the My Favorite Things Blog today! There are prizes to be won if you participate in all five days of this week’s Camp Create, and more prizes to be won for commenting on my video! You can find all of the details over at the My Favorite Things Design Blog. I’ve linked all of the products that I used below.
That’s it for me today, friends!! I’ll be back very soon with more crafty goodness – until then, have a great day at Camp! Thanks for stopping by!