Wednesday, May 24, 2017

My Favorite Things–WSC324–You Whaled It!

 

Well, hello!!

 

MFT_SketchChallenge_SideBar

 

Did you think that I fell off the face of the earth?  Well, we had an absolute blast in Italy, and look forward to returning some day.  We saw beautiful scenery, met amazingly gracious people, walked a million miles (over 65 for the entire trip!), and fell more in love with Italy than we ever imagined.  If you follow me on Instagram and/or Facebook, you saw some of our pics.  It truly was a dream come true.  But it definitely feels like we’ve been gone forever!  I’ve been working behind the scenes since we returned, and now our youngest daughter and her family are here visiting.  But I wanted to pop in quickly to share my project for this week’s My Favorite Things WSC324!  Here’s the sketch:

 

MFT_WSC_334

 

And my “loose” interpretation of the sketch:

 

KKL_WSC334

 

So, I fell in love with that adorable whale when I saw him in the new Ocean Pals Stamp Set.  I was also inspired by the new Ocean Waves Die-Namics.  The two combined perfectly.  Now, I know that my take on WSC334 is a bit “off” but that’s exactly why I love a good sketch!  I’ve included all of the elements of the sketch, but I felt compelled to change them up a bit in terms of location.  And in my book, that’s a-okay!  Try it sometime!  Being a deviant is really kind of fun!  LOL  I’ve listed and linked the products that I used below.

 

Please click on through to the My Favorite Things Challenge Blog to be linked to the other brilliant and much more traditional takes on WSC334 from my amazing teammates!  And while you’re there, please feel free to link up your own take on this week’s sketch – there’s an awesomely generous prize available for a random winner, so what the heck are you waiting for?!!

 

That’s it for me today, friends!  My cutie patootie granddaughter, Lucy, is here visiting.  So if you need me, I’ll be hanging out in the pool with her!  I’ll be back again soon with another crafty project, I promise!  Until then, thanks so much for stopping by!

 

PRODUCTS USED:

1 comment:

Nora Noll said...

this is so CLEVER!! I love the fun background and the water that you used for the scallop at the bottom of the sketch. Adorable card!!