Monday, March 7, 2011

Thinking of You and Some AH-MAZING News!!

 

Hello Crafty Friends!

 

I’ve once again been MIA – my kids are in town and we’ve been having loads of fun together.  Our youngest daughter flies out tomorrow and our oldest daughter, son-in-law and grandson fly out on Thursday.  So we still have a few days together, with lots of sunshine in the forecast – BONUS!!

 

Thinking of You

 

So I thought I’d share a card I made last week for the most recent Paper Crafts Magazine Go-To-Sketches call.  Sadly this one was not picked up, so I get to share it with you here.  I also thought I’d add it to a fun little reject hop that Amber from Damask Love is hosting.  Paper Crafts received nearly 3,000 submissions for the Go-To-Sketches call for 288 spots – you can imagine how awesome this issue will be, right?!

 

So wanna hear my news?!!  Okay, well . . . I HAD TWO CARDS PICKED UP FOR THE PAPER CRAFTS GO-TO-SKETCHES CALL!!!  AH-MAZING, right?!!  Seriously, I nearly split a gut when I saw that email in my inbox on Friday – I think my ears are still ringing!  LOL  One of my crafting goals for 2011 was to get published in Paper Crafts Mag, and I’m beside myself thrilled to pieces that I’ve reached that goal after many months of rejects!!

 

That’s it for me today, peeps.  I hope to do some crafting on Wednesday while my kids are out, and I have a few more rejects to share with you all before then, so I hope you’ll come back again real soon!  Thanks for stopping in today!!

9 comments:

Ayana Posadas said...

Love this fun design. So pretty!

Jan Garber said...

Fantastic news, Karolyn! Can't wait for my issue!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Congrats on getting 2 cards in the issue! Your "reject" is fabulous!

Kristin said...

Congratulations! I've been following you for a while, and it's a well deserved acknowledgement. You're very talented!

Erin Smetak said...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is SO freakin' fabulous!!! It's about time they noticed you!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!! You'll have to let me know which month it will be out, so I can pick up a copy!!!!!!

Glenda J said...

Congrats on the publications! This card is fantastic - so bright and cheerful!

Lea L. said...

This is fabulous! I love the colors, and the stamping is awesome!! Great CAS design! ♥♥♥

Unknown said...

this is SO crazy!!! I have never been to your blog before, but the day after this post, I created a very similar card... http://kjsstamppad.blogspot.com/2011/03/sunshine-kind-of-day.html

yours is great!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card.