NOTE: THIS IS MY SECOND POST FOR TODAY. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MY PROJECT FOR THE CHALLENGE #40!
Happy Monday, friends!
Today is a fun day because the Avery Elle design team is teaming up with our friends over at CardMaker Magazine for a fun blog hop. Be sure to stop by our company and designer blogs (listed below) to be inspired and enter for a chance to win a prize. One lucky commenter will be drawn at random and will win a $30 Avery Elle Gift Certificate. You have all week to enter to win. The winner of the Avery Elle Gift Certificate will be announced on the Avery Elle blog on Monday, June 29th. Here’s the list of hoppers:
Karolyn Loncon <------ YOU ARE HERE!
Sarah Ashley Posch
Here’s the project I created, using the brand new Avery Elle stamp set called Balloon Giraffe!
So this was super fun and easy to create! Here’s how I did it:
- Trim an A2 horizontal top-folding card base from white cardstock; score at 4.25” and fold; perfect crease with teflon bone folder.
- Trim an A2 image panel from white cardstock.
- Stamp the Balloon Giraffe and dots from the Balloon Giraffe Stamp Set repeatedly onto the image panel, varying the position of each as well as the ink colors (I used Raspberry, Aquamarine, Lemon Grass, Daisy, and Fizz Pigment Inks). Focus the stamping towards the bottom half of the image panel.
- Using the Dotted Borders Elle-Ments, die cut the curve towards the bottom third of the image panel; trim off 1/4” from the top half of the image panel.
- Temporarily adhere the image panels to the card base; lightly draw pencil lines for each of the curves to delineate the area for the sentiment.
- Using New Moon Pigment Ink, stamp the sentiments from the Balloon Giraffe Stamp Set between the two pencil lines, curving the stamps to fit the curves.
- Adhere the image panels to the card base with foam squares.
There you have it!! Easy peasy! I’ve listed the products I used below. Your next stop on the hop is Sarah Ashley Posch, who I’m sure has something super awesome to share with you!
That’s it for me today, friends! I’m so glad you stopped by to take a peak at my stuff!!! Have a great day!