Monday, June 22, 2015

The Challenge #40–Theme: Nautical!


NOTE:  THIS IS THE FIRST OF TWO POSTS HERE ON MY BLOG TODAY – IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR THE AVERY ELLE/CARDMAKER MAGAZINE BLOG HOP POST, PLEASE CLICK HERE.

Hello, Friends!

Featured Designer Badge

It’s time for another challenge from The Challenge!!   I really think you’re going to like it . . . I pretty much love it.  Check it!

Theme Challenge #40

I know, right?!!  Nautical is everywhere these days!!  Here’s my take on the challenge:

6-22-15 The Challenge Nautical

So, I was inspired by the last Online Card Class that was all about Masking!  I’ve really been digging the whole masking thing lately, as well as the whole ink blending thing.  I’m kind of obsessed, really.  Sorry about that!  LOL  Here’s how I created my project:

  1. Trim an A2 vertical, top-folding card base from white cardstock; score at 5.5” and fold; perfect crease with teflon bone folder.
  2. Trim an A2 image panel from white cardstock.
  3. Trim an A2 panel from masking paper and die cut a stitched circle; remove the die cut circle.  Remove the release paper from the back of the mask and adhere it to the image panel.
  4. Using Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral, Ripe Persimmon and Fired Brick Distress Inks, a blending tool and a piece of acetate, blend strips of color going lighter to darker from top to bottom of the circle.  Carefully remove the mask from the image panel.
  5. Die cut the image panel using a stitched rectangle die.
  6. Stamp the sentiment using black ink.
  7. Die cut the sailboat from black cardstock; adhere it to the image panel with foam squares.
  8. Adhere the image panel to the card base with foam squares.

There ya go!!  Super easy, but packs a huge color punch!  I’ve listed the products that I used below.  We’d love to see your beautiful work in the Nautical-themed Challenge gallery!!  You can find the link up HERE.  I hope you’ll click on through if only to see the beautiful samples that the Design Team have created for your inspiration!

This is my last day as the Featured Designer for The Challenge.  I want to thank Lesley Croghan for having me play along with her and her amazing team!!  I’d almost forgotten how much I love card challenges, so this was a sweet trip down memory lane and a great reminder that challenges can really spark your mojo!  Thank you, thank you, thank you Lesley!!  I had a great time playing along with your fun challenges and will most certainly be back as a player!!

Thanks so much for stopping by, sweet friends!!  I’ll be back in a minute with a super fun Avery Elle/CardMaker Magazine Blog Hop post!!  TTFN!!

8 comments:

Nance said...

Karolyn, such a beautiful summer scene card! Love it! So glad you've been designing with us this month! Have a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I love how you've created a scenery with just the sun and the boat! And the sun looks so gorgeous!
hugs, Ashwini

Miriam Prantner said...

That masking looks amazing!

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful...what a fabulous sunset!

Linda said...

Beautiful card. Love that sunset.

TK said...

This is gorgeous, Karolyn! Love the blending colors and the fact that your boat is a dark silhouette...

Geri said...

Stunning! Your ink blending is flawless....I'm so envious!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Gorgeous!!! Love your sunset, beautiful coloring!