Nautical – it’s everywhere!! Home décor, fashion, craft supplies – it’s such a classic look! So the sweet peeps at My Favorite Things challenged the design team to create a project using the nautical theme as our inspiration. Here’s what I came up with:
Fun, right?! Here’s how I created my project:
- Trim an A2, top-folding cardbase from Smooth White Cardstock; score at 5.5” and perfect crease with teflon bone folder.
- Trim an A2-sized piece of Stamping Mask Paper, and die cut circle using Circle Stax 1. Remove the release paper of the mask, and adhere to the image panel. Using a Mini Ink Blending Tool, blend Razzle Berry and Lemon Drop Premium Dye Inks in the masked off circle to create a sunset. Remove the mask.
- Die cut sailboat from Black Licorice Cardstock using the Sailboat Die-Namics. Die cut a heart from the main sail using the Notched Tag Die-Namics. Adhere the assembled sail boat inside the ink blended circle with foam squares.
- Die cut waves from Sno Cone and Berrylicious Cardstock; stagger the waves panels.
- Stamp sentiment from the Going Overboard Stamp Set onto the bottom wave panel using Black Licorice Hybrid Dye Ink.
- Temporarily adhere image panel and waves together and die cut stitched border using Blueprints 13 Die-Namics. Assemble card with foam squares.
- Adhere Sparkling Clear Sequins with liquid adhesive.
I’ve listed the products that I used below. I hope you’ll click on through to the My Favorite Things Design Blog to see what the other ladies have created for your inspiration! And then break out those nautical themed products and play!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I’ll be having a date with my youngest grandson while his big brother and my hubby spend the day at the US Open. It should be a great day!! I hope you have some awesome plans in store for your day, as well!!