Hello my loves!
I’m popping in quickly with this week’s My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge!! It’s a super fun one!!
I feel like there are ton of possibilities for this sketch! Here’s my take on it!
I’m sure you’re not surprised that I saw a rainbow in that sketch. I mean, there are just enough stripes for ROYGBIV! Hellllooooo! Here’s how I created my project:
- Trim an A2, horizontal, top folding card base from Smooth White Card Stock. Score at 4.25”, fold in half and perfect the crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
- Die cut an image panel from Black Licorice Card Stock using the stitched rectangle die from the Blueprints 15 Die-Namics.
- Die cut two balloons from the image panel using the Birthday Balloons Die-Namics. Adhere red and orange vellum to the back of the image panel, behind the balloons. Adhere the image panel to the card base with foam tape.
- Trim narrow strips from Poppy, Orange Zest, Sunshine, Limelight, Cornflower, Summer Splash and Boysenberry Prestige Card Stock. Align and affix all of the strips to the image panel with foam tape.
- Die cut the word Happy from Smooth White Card Stock using the Happy Birthday to You Die-Namics. Adhere the letters to the image panel with foam tape.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Birthday Bears Stamp Set (after performing a bit of stamp surgery) using Black Licorice Pigment Ink. Heat emboss the sentiment with Clear Detail Embossing Powder. Die cut the sentiment using the narrow sentiment flag from the Blueprints 30 Die-Namics. Adhere the sentiment flag to the image panel using Clear Foam Tape.
There you go! This is a pretty literal interpretation of the sketch! I’m sure there are some incredibly creative interpretations of this sketch over at the My Favorite Things Challenge Blog! Click on through and check it out for yourself! And while you’re there, be sure and link up your own take on this super fun sketch!! I’ve listed all of the products that I used below!
That’s it for me today, my friends! After blowing most of yesterday having lunch with old friends, I need to get some stuff DONE in my craft room today!! I hope you have some wonderfully creative plans in store for your day!! Thanks so much for spending part of it here with me!
MFT PRODUCTS USED: