Wednesday, May 23, 2018

My Favorite Things–WSC#386!

Hello!!

MFT_SketchChallenge_2017Logo

Have you missed me?!!  Well, I’ve barely been keeping my head above water with all that’s been going on behind the scenes!  But I’m getting it done, knocking it out, and will be back to my normal daily routine very soon!  I do have a project that I created that was inspired by this week’s Wednesday Sketch!  Here’s the sketch:

MFT_WSC_386

And my interpretation of the sketch:

KKL_WSC386-5-23-18

I love to look at a sketch and kind of squinch my eyes together to see what I see.  I saw birds on a wire so I grabbed my fave A Tweet Hello Stamp Set and knocked it out!  I embossed the Cloudy Day Stencil into the Sno Cone panel and die cut it with both the Inside & Out Stitched Circle Die-Namics as well as the A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX Set 1 Die-Namics.  I ink blended some additional clouds onto the card base using the Mini Cloud Edges Stencil and some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  I stamped, colored and die cut some of the images from the A Tweet Hello Stamp Set.  I stamped the sentiment inside the ink blended area using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink.  I wrapped some baker’s twine around the image panel to represent the center strip in the sketch, and then I adhered the image panel to the card base with foam squares.  And then I adhered the the birds and the butterfly to the image panel with more foam squares.  I’ve listed and linked all of the products that I used below.

Please click on through to the MFT Challenge Blog to be linked to the other fabulous projects that my teammates have created for your inspiration using this week’s sketch!  And we’d love to have you play along with us!  Link up your take on the sketch and be eligible to win a $50 Gift Voucher to the MFT Online Boutique!  It’s a random draw, so everyone has a chance as long as you play along!

That’s it for me today, friends!  I’m headed to lunch with a friend, and then back to my stamp cave to keep plugging away at my to-do list!  Thanks so much for stopping by today – I am ever so grateful for any time that you spend here with me! Have an awesome day!

PRODUCTS USED:

2 comments:

Joanne MacKenzie said...

Very cute card!!

Georgiana said...

How sweet. Your birds look wonderful!