Saturday, December 13, 2008

Origami Karen Lockhart Ornament

I wanted to try another paper ornament for the Fans of Karen Lockhart ornament challenge, and saw this Origami Star on a YouTube video. It was pretty complicated, but I eventually figured it out after watching the video about 100 times (I'm a little slow, okay?). I colored one of Karen Lockhart's angels - this one's called Garden Angel. Isn't she cute? I added her to the finished star with some Stamping Dimensionals. I felt like the whole thing needed a bit of bling, so I added some Diamond Stickles and Dazzling Diamonds to the edges of the star, and really blinged up Garden Angel's wings. The picture doesn't do her justice - it's very sparkly in real life!! Thanks again, Suzanne, for a fun challenge. Can't wait to see what the other Fans of Karen Lockhart come up with.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Michelle L. said...

That is a gorgeous ornament! Love the blog! I will be adding you to my blogroll now, too! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ornament, Karolyn and congrats on your new blog. Merry Christmas.