Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm Baaaaaacccckkk!!

Hello blogland!!

I'm so sorry that I've been MIA for the last several days! I've been entertaining eight (yes, I said EIGHT) of my high school girlfriends here in Arizona to celebrate our 50th birthdays as a group. They all arrived last Friday, and DH put the last two on the airplane yesterday afternoon. It has been an absolute whirlwind of activity!! We spent the week sunning by the pool, eating like we were never going to get fed again, laughing until we cried or peed our pants (we are 50 after all!!), drinking, hiking in the Vortexes of Sedona, shopping, laughing some more, drinking some more, and sharing moments that we'll never forget. I feel so blessed to have these amazing women in my life - some of them have been friends since they were 8 years old!! Can you believe that?!! The weather was absolutely incredible the entire time that "the girls" were here, so I just couldn't have been happier about that!!

To add to all that fun, my oldest daughter, Ashley, called me on Tuesday to tell me that she'd won a spot as a contestant on Wheel of Fortune!! She filmed her episode yesterday, so I jumped on an airplane to Los Angeles to watch the whole thing. Holy smokes!! It was so much fun to watch her win some money - she ultimately won $7,200!! But she didn't get to play in the bonus round. The gal that did won $39K in the beginning rounds, and then won $40K in the bonus round! Can you imagine?!! She was HOT!! The wheel just went her way. But Ashley was THRILLED to win what she did. Her episode will air on 5/5/09, so be sure and set your TIVO!! It's been an amazing week for me . . . I think I need a vacation after all that excitment!! LOL

At any rate, I'm back and will have lots of fun projects to share with you all some time in the next two days or so.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Danni said...

I just wanted to stop by and say welcome back and also welcome to Susana's DT!! Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Justine said...

Damn!!! Ok I don't think real people get to be on TV. How amazing. Your baby girl is a star. Sure wish I got to watch real TV. Armed Forces Network Sucks. I am thrilled that you had such a great time with your friends. Hope ya'll got in some sort of trouble??