For the this week's Twisted Thursday Christmas Challenge, those sweet and generous ladies at Shirley's 2 Girls are giving you a present . . . this FREE Christmas digi that they want you to use for this week's challenge. Is she not just the cutest? And those kind sisters have even included three sentiments for you to choose from!! I'm seriously so excited to see what you all come up with using this adorable image!!!
Here's the sketch that Joy Stagg has designed for you to use this week. Good one, huh?And here's the sample that I created in response to the sketch. I used Fa La La Angel (SG H4). The "twist" for this week is to USE SOMETHING CLEAR. I cut out a snowflake using my Spellbinder's snowflakes and some clear cardstock. I painted some Diamond Glaze on it, and then covered it with Dazzling Diamonds. I also kind of "creatively interpreted" this week's sketch, but I used all the elements, so I hope that my card counts. LOL!! If you look closely, the long panel on the left is a bookmark! I cut out a slot in the card base for the bookmark to slide into, and it clings to the card via some Basic Grey self-adhesive magnets. I also used some of Shirley's 2 Girls new Christmas digi paper - I just love the colors and patterns and think that this paper is perfect for this fun image. Don't you?!!
Here's the scoop for this week:
- Use the above fabulous sketch that Joy Stagg has designed for you;
- The "twist" this week is to USE SOMETHING CLEAR;
- You MUST use the FREE Shirley's 2 Girls digi provided to create your card (and while you're at it, why not try one of our new Christmas digi papers, too?)
- Link your card to Mr. Linky on the Shirley's 2 Girls Challenge blog by Sunday, July 12, at 12:00 AM PST.
- If you upload your card to Splitcoast Stampers or Papercraft Planet, use S2GSC18 and shirleys2girls as your key words.
- Leave some "love" for the sisters on the Shirley's 2 Girls Challenge blog.
Here's more inspiration from the rest of the Shirley's 2 Girls Design Team:
So think SNOWBALLS and Reindeer and start creating!! We can't wait to see what you all come up with!!
STAMPS: Fa La La Angel (SG H4)
INK: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
PAPER: White CS (Neenah), Poppy Red CS PTI), Sour Apple CS (Poptone), Holly Digi Paper (Shirley's 2 Girls)
ACCESSORIES: Basic Grey Self-Adhesive Magnets, Long Classic and Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities, Square Scalloped Nestabilities, Snowflake Die (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug, Diamond Glaze, Dazzling Diamonds, Copic Markers, Stampin Dimensionals, Button, Scrapper's Floss (Karen Foster), Glue Dots, Crop-A-Dile, Polka Dot 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon
Thanks for stopping by! Oh, and before I forget, Shirley's 2 Girls is still offering FREE SHIPPING for the entire month of July - that's a present in and of itself!! What'cha waitin' for for Pete's sake?!!!