Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Have a Hoot - {Embellish} Magazine Challenge

It's me again!

Are you getting sick of me yet? LOL I just wanted to pop in again to share another card that I made last Friday and am just now getting a chance to post. I've recently discovered a new online design magazine called {:Embellish Magazine:}. It's owner is Ashley Newell - her work is amazing, and now she's created a showcase for others to share their work with us as well. Love, love, love their challenges, and this is the first one that I actually had the courage to create for and submit. Wish me luck!

This week's challenge is a color challenge, with an added twist to use an owl in your design. If you know me, you know that I ADORE owls, so designing with them just makes me happy. I used one of my most favorite owl images from a My Cute Stamps set called Little Forest Friends. I stamped the owl on DP from the new Earth Love Mini Deck from Cosmo Cricket; same thing with the branch and leaves - and then cut them out. Fun, huh? I used a new SU Wood Grain background stamp for the brown panel and the knot hole. And I can't forget my all time favorite Apron Lace border punch. Gotta have that, now don't we?!!

So what do you think? I'm pretty happy with the results - I hope you are, too!







STAMPS: Little Forest Friends (My Cute Stamps); Wise Owl (Papertrey Ink), Wood Grain Background Stamp (SU)
INK: Rich Cocoa (Memento), Spring Moss Pigment Ink (Papertrey Ink)
PAPER: Dark Chocolate CS (Papertrey Ink), Spring Moss CS (Papertrey Ink), Melon Berry CS Papertrey Ink), Vintage Cream CS (Papertrey Ink), Earth Love Mini Deck DP (Cosmo Cricket)
ACCESSORIES: 5/8" Spring Moss Polka Dot Satin Ribbon (PTI), Apron Lace Border Punch (Fiskars), Melon Berry and Spring Moss Buttons (PTI), Scrapper's Floss (Karen Foster), Stampin' Dimensionals (SU), Circle Classic Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug


Thanks so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I love that wood grain! Loving the border too. Must. Get. Apron. Lace. Punch. hehehe.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I appreciate it so much! :)

Winter said...

So cute! I love the woodgrain! :)

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

How great is this?! Love that bow you tied too! The wood grain is a great element. Thanks so much for playing in the Embellish Magazine challenge! Thanks for your kind words too!