Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happily Ever After . . . .

Happy Wednesday!

Still feeling a little under the weather, but wanted to pop in and share a card that I made for the Caardvarks Challenge last week to make your best wedding card.  My all time favorite wedding color combo is tiffany blue and cream.  To me that color combo just screams beautiful wedding.  I used THIS card as my prototype because I loved the clean lines and the simple elegance of the pattern.  I won't bore you with the blah, blah, blah of how I made it.  But I will list the supplies used below.

STAMPS:  Wedding Day (Papertrey Ink)
PAPER:  Sno Cone CS (Poptone), Nanna's Wallpaper Digital Paper (Funky Fairys Papercrafts), Vintage Cream CS (Papertrey Ink)
INK:  Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink)
ACCESSORIES:  Champagne Self-Adhesive Pearls (Kaiser Craft), Retro Diamonds Embossing Folder (QuicKutz), Vintage Cream Satin Ribbon (Papertrey Ink), Heart Stick Pin (Making Memories), Stampin' Dimensionals (SU), Upper Crest Border Punch (Fiskars)

That's it for me today.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I'm off to take another nap, now.  Hugs!






9 comments:

Maria Matter said...

oh so lovely Karolyn!!!

feel better sweetie!
blessings, Maria

Patti J said...

Wow, Karolyn, what a stunning card! I love all of your little pearls, and the hatpin just adds a wonderful finish to an already heavenly card! Great job!

Terri said...

Wow, this is a stunning card! Love how you "cased" yourself, lol! I can just see you carefully putting each and every one of those pearls on and the stick pin is the perfect finishing touch! Love it!

Hope you are feeling 100% by tomorrow!

Joan B said...

absolutely stunning.

peggysue said...

Karolyn that is such a pretty card! I might CASE it as with all the engagements around here lately, we're going to need wedding cards soon too! And I hadn't thought of the blue and cream, I always have loved pink and cream but the blue is so elegant! Hope you feel better sweetie!

Erin Smetak said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love it!

Hope you're feeling better!!!
Hugs!

Julia Aston said...

what a lovely wedding card - I love that embossing with the pearls! so pretty!

Unknown said...

Simply sublime!!!!

peggysue said...

Wasn't me! I didn't win the PTI package but some other lucky peggy sue! But I did see your countdown to being a grandma, wow!!! I'm excited for you! And yes, my own daughter is also engaged, this is an exciting time of life. I'm so happy with the young man who will be my son in law.