Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Card Candy and Doilies!

Hi Peeps!

Happy Tuesday to you!!  I’m back today to share some super fun ABC Toys & Crafts goodness with you.  I should start by saying that I did not invent this idea – I saw it on someone’s blog the other day.  Unfortunately, I read so many blogs, I can’t remember where I saw it!  If you know who the originator of this idea is, please let me know as I’d really like to give her the credit that she deserves.
Martha Stewart Doilies
So, I’m sure you’ve seen the Martha Stewart Tags/Doilies that many of you creative peeps have been using, right?  Well, apparently those babies are pretty hard to find . . . probably because they’re so stinkin’ cute!  Well, you can make your own doilies using any decorative corner punch that you might have in your stash.  The more decorative ones work best, of course.  I just happen to have one gazillion punches, and half a gazillion of them are corner punches.  Perfect!!  The one I chose to work with today is the Eyelet Lace Punch Around the Page combo set.  It’s so pretty and delicate.  I want these instructions to be clear and concise, so I’ll list them below.

  1. I cut out a circle using my Classic Circle Nestabilities.  I used the largest circle in the set.
  2. Then I spread the wings of the corner punch, and slid the edge of the circle into the punch about 1/4” and punched.
  3. I repeated Step 2, until I had punched completely around the circle.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy!!  ABC Toys & Crafts has all the Martha Stewart Punches on sale for 20% off between now and June 12th – just use MARTHA612 as the discount code when checking out.

STAMPS:  None!
INK:  None!
PAPER:  White CS (Neenah), Blu Raspberry CS (Poptone), Melon Berry CS (PTI)
ACCESSORIES: 
Eyelet Lace Punch Around the Page Combo Set (Martha Stewart), Classic Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Small Pearls (Hero Arts), White Satin Ribbon (Stampin’ Up!), 3D Dots (EK Success), Janome Sew Mini, Hawaiian Shores Saddle Stitch Ribbon (PTI), Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug)


See that beautiful flower in the center of the doily?!!  I received that in the mail today from my stampin’ buddy, Justine.  I ooohed and ahhhhed over these beauties when I saw them on Card Candy her blog a few months ago – she made them!!  Low and behold, they arrived in my mailbox today – all the way from Sienna, Italy!!  I knew immediately that they would look gorgeous as the center of my doily.  Don’t you agree?  Look at all the other card candies she sent – can’t wait to use them again!  Thanks, Justine!!

That’s it for me today, folks.  I’ve been doing a bit of stamping today, and hope to do some more tomorrow.  So I’ll probably be back to share with you very, very soon!  Thanks so much for stopping by today – it means the world to me that you do.  Hugs!




2 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Hi Karolyn!
This is beautiful, love the colors and those flowers ARE gorgeous, aren't they! Great design!!
Hugs & blessings!

Michelle L. said...

gorgeous card, Karo! Justine's flowers are lovely and you showcased them so well here!