Thursday, September 8, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #19–Falling to Pieces

Hi Friends!!
CFC19 Graphic
Holy schnikeys!!  You all knocked our socks off with your designs for last week’s CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!!  Wowzers!!  We’ve got another great challenge for you, and it’s a really timely one, so I hope you enjoy it!
This week’s challenge is to create a CLEAN AND SIMPLE DESIGN, using a fall theme and including paper piecing!  Fun, right?!


This week’s sponsor is Scraperfect, and I believe that they have offered up a wonderful prize for this week’s TGIF Winner.  Thank you, Scraperfect!!  While you’re there, you should totally check out the deliciousness that the other Girl Fridays have created to inspire you.  Oh, and please leave some love for this week’s guest designer – Stacy Rodriguez – she’s created a super yummy project for you!  Welcome, Stacy!!

CFC19 - Falling to Pieces
Fall always reminds me of back to school.  My kids are long grown up and past that back to school age, but it’s still something that I can remember like it was yesterday . . . both for me and my kids.  I remember those brand new boxes of crayons, peechees, newly sharpened pencils, and the books.  Oh my, the books!!  I also remember riding the bus to school, and seeing the school buses in the neighborhood this time of year makes all those old memories come flooding back.  Ohhh to be young again.  Just kidding!  LOL
PRODUCTS USED:
STAMPS:  Brilliant! Clear Stamps and Notebook Paper Cling - Oxford (Hero Arts/Basic Grey), Halloweenies (Paper Smooches)
INK:  VersaMark and Onyx Black VersaFine (Tsukineko)
PAPER:  Wild Cherry CS (FRENCH POPTONE), Ultra Smooth Solar White CS (Neenah Classic Crest), Yellow Polka Dot DP (Memory Box)
ACCESSORIES:  ABC Impression Plate and Notebook Die (PTI), Royal Satin Ribbon (Midori), White Embossing Powder (Zing/American Crafts), Stampin’ Dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)
Thanks so much for stopping by today!  You have no idea how much your sweet comments mean to me.  Have a great weekend!
PaperTherapySignature

13 comments:

Laura Davis said...

This is so sweet!
Hugs
Laura

Jenny said...

Very cute Karolyn and I love that iconic school bus...wish we had them over here :)
Jenny x

Leigh Ann Baird said...

So cute! My kids wish they could ride the bus but we live in a tiny town and walk to school.

Marlena M. said...

This is so sweet, Karolyn! I love that whimsical bus and the primary colors. ;)

Pam said...

I absolutely adore your card! I don't know if it's the teacher in me or the terrific-ness (that's a word, right?)... hm- maybe it's BOTH! Your card is great!!

Mynn xx said...

This is perfect! The colors, the patterned paper of the bus, everything!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this sweet little polka dot school bus Karolyn!

Laurie said...

This is SO cute! I love the impressed background! What a fun card!

Unknown said...

I just adore this card!!

Kryssi said...

Ahh back to school. Totally cool! You rule! And I'm not very good at this rhyming stuff, lol!

Karen B. said...

Extra super cute! Love that polka dotted bus, wouldn't that be great if they really were like that?

Dana said...

Awww, this is darling. Your school bus is so cute with the polka dots and stop sign. You can do CAS so well.

Anonymous said...

You clever girl, I never thought of using a school theme for fall and your card is adorable! Love that polka dot bus and that white sentiment on the red note pad looks fab, love it!