Thursday, September 6, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #69–Embossing


Happy Friday, Friends!!

My oh my!  It’s been quite a week around here with closing on the new house, listing the old house, and all the chaos that goes along with both of those things!  But I did have a chance to get inky for a few hours, so that was an amazing stress reliever for me!
CAS-ualFridaysNoWords
This week’s CAS-ual Fridays Challenge is one that is very near and dear to my heart – embossing!  I love embossing – both heat embossing and dry embossing – and you have the freedom to do both, if you like!  The delicious texture that both add to a project takes an okay project to whole new level, don’t you think?
SimonSaysStamps
As is always the case on the first of the month, Simon Says Stamps is our sponsor this week!  They’ve offered up an amazing prize for this week’s TGIF Winner, but you’ll have to click on through to the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge Blog to find out what it is.  Oh, and if you’re the TGIF Winner this week, you get to be our Gal Friday Guest Designer next month.  How fun is that?  Thank you, Simon Says Stamps!
CFC69 Watts Up
As I said above, embossing is a technique that is my go-to wow factor for any project that needs a little oomph!  I especially love heat embossing . . . there’s just something about the richness of that slick finish that makes my heart go pitter patter.  I stamped this darling pendant light four times using VersaMark – three times on the card base and once on the banner panel.  I used white and turquoise embossing powders on all four lights.  Then I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed that with black embossing powder.  I popped the banner panel up using foam squares, and wrapped some coordinating baker’s twine at the top to finish it off.
PRODUCTS USED:
STAMPS:  Bright Idea (Technique Tuesday)
INK: 
VersaMark (Tsukineko)
PAPER:  Lemon Drop CS (French Poptone), White Linen (Ellen Hutson)
OTHER:  Caribbean and Lemondrop Baker’s Twine (The Twinery), Black Baker’s Twine (Divine Twine),
White & Black Embossing Powder (Zing/American Crafts), Tempting Turquoise Embossing Powder (Stampin’ Up!), Half and Half Die (PTI), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)

Before you go, be sure and stop by the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge Blog to see what the other Girl Fridays have prepared for your inspiration.  I’ll be spending the day with my adorable grandsons today while mom goes to the fair with her girlfriends.  It’s a beautiful sunny day, so I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a good one!  Hope your day and your weekend are amazing!  Thanks so much for stopping by!
PaperTherapySignature

8 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Karolyn those lights are 'brilliant'! The twine at the top is such a lovely accent.

Marlena M. said...

You and your punny puns. I love this! So cute. ;)

Kara Lynne said...

I had a good laugh! Such a fun, simple statement and fresh colors.

Darnell said...

LOL, Karolyn, this is the best!!

JJ Bolton said...

I so love that color combo Karolyn! And I love the punny sentiment! Another stamp set to add to my "take a look" list:)

Carol L said...

This is so cute and unique, and I love how you used the white tag!

MaRyKaY said...

that is such a fun looking card. love the lamps

Anonymous said...

I so screamed with glee! LOVE it, Karolyn. LOVE, LOVE, L.O.V.E. this card!