Thursday, April 10, 2014

Make A Wish!

 

Happy Thursday, friends!

 

I’m running around like a mad woman today, as I get ready for our big dinner party tomorrow.  But I wanted to pop in and share a project that I created using a brand spankin’ new stamp set that was just released by Avery Elle.

 

Make A Wish

How cute is that little mouse?!!  Seriously, this new Storybook set is exploding with freakin’ adorable images that were hand drawn by my sweet friend, Heather.  She thought of every single detail when designing this set, and I am in love with each and every character.  I water colored the background and the mouse.  I also added some stars and glitter using a star stencil and some embossing paste.  I sprinkled glitter on the stars before the embossing paste dried.  It kind of reminded me of that animated movie, “An American Tale.”  Right?!  So stinkin’ cute!

 

I’m so excited for Heather, as this is her first hand drawn stamp set.  I suspect it won’t be her last, and I have to say I’m pretty excited about that prospect.  There were a ton of new products released by Avery Elle last night, so if you’re interested, you can check them out HERE.

 

That’s it for me, friends.  I’m off to plan a par-tay!  Thanks so much for stopping by today – it means the world to me when you do!!

 

 

10 comments:

Anne Temple said...

This is gorgeous! Love everything about it.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Super sweet K and congrats to Heather! I have a card for tomorrow with that same stencil. :)

Terri said...

Amazing job on this card...so stinkin' cute! Love the water coloring!

donna mikasa said...

Too stinkin' cute!! Love your WC and star embossed background!

Happy Dance said...

Such a sweet card! Love this little mouse. Your watercoloring is beautiful! Heather really did a great job with these designs. You made a beautiful card with them! Bev

Geri said...

Heather could not have found a better person in this whole wide world to showcase her first hand drawn stamps! Your water coloring is awesome - love the stencilled stars.

Sweet expression on the wee fella....he is totally focused on his wish!

~amy~ said...

sigh. so sweet!

Jess said...

This card is adorable! Love the shooting star among the falling starts stencil pattern.

Mary-Anne V said...

So pretty...those images in Heather's set are adorable.

Lori Barnett said...

Dude...I STILL haven't done a stencil and paste project!!! BTW...I LOVE this card! :)