Monday, June 30, 2014

Runway Inspired Challenge #63–Thank You!


Please click HERE for a My Favorite Things Guest Design project that I created for the June release!
Hey!  Did you miss me?!  LOL

RIC63 Graphic

So I’m back with the next Runway Inspired Challenge.  Check out that darling little sheath – isn’t it so cute?!!  I love the color blocking and the beautiful watercolored flowers mixed in with that brilliant blue.  YUM-MY!  Here’s my answer to the fashion piece:

RIC63 - Thank You

I recently picked up this Reverse Damask background stamp for an upcoming Online Card Class that I’ll be taking in August.  I was inspired by a sneak peek of a project being shared on the website in anticipation of the class.  I inked up the background stamp using four different Distress Ink pads – Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed and Picked Raspberry – to reflect the smattering of color mixed in with that lovely royal blue color.  I spritzed the stamp lightly and then pressed it onto some water color paper.  It looked so cool as it dried!  I trimmed up the water colored panel and adhered it to the card base with some foam tape.  I then die cut the sentiment and adhered it with some foam tape.  I’ve listed all of the products I used below.

Please click on through to the Runway Inspired Challenge Blog to find out who won the last challenge and to see the amazing interpretations that my other teammies have created for you all – you’re going to be blown away!  We’d love for you to play along with us, too – you can link up your own project over at the Runway Inspired Challenge Blog.

That’s it for me today, friends!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  It means the world to me!


8 comments:

~amy~ said...

Looks awesome!

Kelli said...

Beautiful card inspired by that dress. What a neat idea!

Jackie Rockwell said...

You really captured the inspiration photo with this card! In love with those colors!!!

Geri said...

...lovin' the Reverse Damask stamp and really lovin' the vibrant colors you used! Definitely the perfect backdrop for the bold black & white sentiment!

Anonymous said...

Your RIC takes are always splendid. Great inspiration :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Your background is stunning Karolyn! I love the Distress Ink colours you chose.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Just incredible! I think I'll have to try this with one of my reverse background stamps...I never really know what to do with those! :)

Lori Barnett said...

DUDE!!!!! This is AMAZE-BALLS!!!!!! Come home so I can come over and use your junk to make one of these! THUD!!! I mean SWOON! ;)