Saturday, July 5, 2014

Cutting Edge Challenge #2–Seattle Hello!


Happy Saturday, friends!
Hoping that all of my American friends enjoyed an amazing Fourth of July holiday!!  We had a lovely day at our house.  Low key and relaxing – that’s my idea of a pretty great day!

TCEC_2

It’s time to reveal the next Cutting Edge Challenge!!  This week’s inspiration project is one of mine (that was originally inspired by a project that Julie Ebersole created.)  Your challenge is to take inspiration from this project and create a new project based on that inspiration.  Here’s what I created:
CEC2 - Hello
If you’re a regular visitor here at my blog, you know that I am OBSESSED with cityscapes.  I picked up this Seattle Skyline die from Impress Rubber Stamps last summer when I was home, and I love it just as much today as I did back then!  Had to use it for today’s project – it was calling my name!!  LOL  I created a little hillside and some scalloped waves with two of the new Pretty Pink Posh stitched border dies.  The stitched image panel was created using my fave Stitched Rectangle Mats from Lil Inker Designs.  The cloud word bubble and sentiment are from Simon Says Stamp.  I’ve listed the products I used below.

Ellen-Hutson-LLC-White-Fill
Store Credit 25
We’d love to see your take on this week’s inspiration.  AND we are thrilled to little bits to announce that Ellen Hutson has graciously and very generously offered to sponsor the first challenge of each month!!  The winner of this week’s Challenge will win a $25 gift certificate to Ellen’s amazing online store!!  How cool is that?!  If you click on through to the Cutting Edge Challenge Blog you’ll find:
  • The winners of last week’s Challenge, as well as the Top 3;
  • A gorgeous project created by our second Guest Designer, Gayatri Murali;
  • More amazing projects that the rest of my sweet teamies created for your inspiration;
  • The rules and regulations of the Challenge; and
  • The InLinkz linkup where you can upload YOUR answer to this week’s Challenge – which closes on Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 9:00 AM EDT.

That’s it for me today, friends!!  I’m hanging out in my craft room all day today, and headed to a wedding this evening!  Another great day, I’d say!!  Hoping you have some awesome plans ahead for your weekend!!  Thanks so much for stopping by!


5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Yay! Love what you've done and Yes, I love that Seattle Skyline too!

Geri said...

Awesome sauce dear friend! You really do rock cityscapes!

LOVE the vivid contrast between the 'hillside' and the 'water'! Another fab creation!

I'm secretly hoping for a day or two of rain so that I can find time to play in my craft room (guilt free) instead of in the yard!

Kay Miller said...

Oh I Love your inspiration card and the card you did for the challenge both Karolyn! The Seattle skyline looks so wonderful with the green hills and blue water ;)

Tracey McNeely said...

Karolyn this is so fabulous, I love the shades of blue!

laurie said...

Love that cityscape..the card just pops with the layers of color!