Hello sweet friends!!
Boy, does it feel good to be back home!! I’ve been spending quite a bit of time in my craft room to get caught up on some deadlines, and it feels amazing! I’ll be sharing the fruits of my labor here over the next several days. I’d like to start by sharing another of the projects that I created for the Avery Elle Fall 2014 Release!
This project features the amazing Fabulous Florals stamp set designed by my sweet friend, Heather Campbell. It’s reminiscent of The Rifle Company, one of my favorite stationery companies! It’s somewhat of a “builder” stamp set in that you can layer the flowers and leaves to add depth and dimension. Here, I did a bit of masking to give the illusion that the leaves were behind the flowers. Here are some brief instructions on how I created this card:
- Trim out A2 card base from Pure White Cardstock;
- Mask off area for sentiment using Post It tape;
- Remove Post It tape and use the Embossing Powder Bag on the card front to set the pigment ink; stamp sentiment from Fabulous Florals using VersaMark and heat emboss with gold embossing powder;
- Adhere 1/8” double sided tape to card front and sprinkle glitter;
- Adhere card front to card base with foam tape.
I’ve linked the products that I used below. Technically, this is a one-layer card, which makes it super “postal friendly” – BONUS! I’m pretty darned happy with how this turned out and look forward to a time when I can play with this stamp set again! If you have time today, you should totally click on through to the Avery Elle Design Team Blog to see what my sweetie teammate, Katie Gehring, has created for you! I promise you’re going to love it!
That’s it for me today friends! I’ll be back on Tuesday with a fun little project that I created for a sweet friend who invited me to play along with her holiday special feature! I’ll have a give-away on Sunday, too, so I hope you’ll stop by then! Thanks so much for stopping by today!