Boy am I enjoying this long holiday weekend!! I’ve been busy, busy, busy catching up on some deadlines, as well as doing some “just for fun” stamping! I’ll be sharing that stuff with you all very soon! For now, I have the latest AEI♥U Challenge to share, and I think you’re going to love it!
I think you all know by now that I love die cutting – those clean edges and precise images just make my heart go pitter patter. So, of course this challenge was right up my alley! Here’s what I created for you:
This project features several Avery Elle dies that I’ve layered to give the illusion of depth and dimension. Here’s how I created it:
- Die cut the J and Y a second time from red foil cardstock; die cut the jingle bell a second time from silver glitter cardstock; die cut the holly leaves and berries (Season’s Greetings Elle-Ments) from green and red foil.
- Layer some adhesive onto a strip of scrap paper and attach it to the back of the banner in order to provide an adhesive base for the inlaid die cuts.
- Begin layering the die cuts, placing the J and Y into the negative spaces provided; adhere the jingle bell into it’s spot on the banner.
- Using the Season’s Greetings holly and berries dies layout and die cut first the leaves and then the berries, removing the parts of the jingle bell and replacing those spots with the leaves and berries.
- Stamp the sentiment from Joy to the World onto the image panel with VersaMark and heat emboss with red embossing powder.
- Wrap silver cord around the top of the image panel, and tie a bow.
- Assemble the card with foam tape.
Clear as mud?! LOL If you’re still not sure what I did, the amazingly talented Jennifer McGuire shared a video on YouTUBE that demonstrates this inlaid die cut technique brilliantly! You can find it HERE. I’ve provided links to the products that I used on my project below.
My sweet teammates have also created some gorgeous samples for your inspiration. You can find them, as well as the rules and regulations of the challenge over at the AEI♥U Challenge Blog. You’ll also find the linky tool for you to share YOUR take on the challenge! You have until Friday, December 26th to play along and there are TWO Avery Elle $25 Gift Certificates up for grabs!! I hope you’ll set aside some time to play along with us!
That’s it for me today, friends! Thanks so much for stopping by today! You all make my day when you visit!