NOTE: IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR MY SEASON’S GIVING BLOG HOP POST, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Hello sweet friends!
It’s time for the next AEI♥U Challenge!! YAY!! I just know you all are going to rock this one! Here’s my sample for the challenge:
Paper piecing is a super easy technique that adds that little extra sumpin’ sumpin’ to a project – the perfect finishing touch. Right?! My card features the Weather It Stamp Set and Weather It Elle-Ments. Here’s how I made my card:
- Trim an A2 card base out of Pure White Cardstock.
- Trim a panel from Sea Glass Cardstock, and die cut the left and right edges using the straight line Dotted Borders Elle-Ment.
- Die cut the clouds from front image panel using the Weather It Elle-Ments. Temporarily adhere the image panel to the card base and stamp the clouds inside the negative of the die cut using the Weather It Stamp Set.
- Stamp the raindrops under the clouds using Sea Glass Pigment Ink; stamp the sentiment using black dye ink.
- Stamp the top of the umbrella twice – once onto Pure White Cardstock, and once onto the rainbow dotted patterned paper from the Everyday Collection 6 x 6 Paper Pad. Die cut the white umbrella, and fussy cut the rainbow dotted umbrella top.
- Adhere the rainbow patterned paper to the white umbrella die cut; stamp the lines for the umbrella; stamp the handle.
- Adhere the front image panel to the card base with foam tape; adhere the assembled umbrella to the image panel with foam tape.
- Tie a bow using some crochet cord and adhere to the umbrella using a glue dot; apply Glossy Accents to the raindrops.
I’d love for you to click on through to the AEI♥U Challenge Blog – my sweet teammates have created some gorgeous samples for your inspiration! While you’re there, be sure and link up your own take on the new challenge – you’ll find the rules and regulations of the challenge there, as well as the InLinkz tool! This challenge ends on January 26, and there are TWO $25 Avery Elle gift certificates up for grabs!
That’s it for me today, friends! I’m dealing with a cold that I picked up, so I’ll be laying low for the rest of the weekend. Hope you had a great New Year’s Eve celebration, and that the coming year blesses you beyond measure! Thanks so much for stopping by!