Friday, March 27, 2015

Avery Elle–Fly By!


Happy happy Friday, friends!!

Phew!  Has it been a week or what?!!  I don’t know how the weeks fly by the way they do, but oh my goodness, I am in awe of how fast a week flies these days!  And what a perfect segue to the new Avery Elle stamp set called Fly By – and it has coordinating dies -  BONUS!!  I created a project using the Fly By Stamps and dies, and I wanted to share it with you here today!

3-27-15 Fly By

What o you think?!  I’m pretty flippin happy with this!  And this stamp set!  Like it has to ca-YUTEST images in it!!  I, of course, chose to keep it clean and simple.  Here’s what I did:

  1. Trim A2 top folding card base from white cardstock.  Trim A2 image panel from white cardstock.
  2. Mask off area for clouds with masking tape or paper.  Create clouds with ink blending tool, Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, and a cloud stencil within the masked off area.
  3. Using the Finished Frames Elle-Ments, die cut card panel. 
  4. Wrap card front with red and white baker’s twine and tie into a bow.  Adhere card front panel to card base with foam squares.
  5. Stamp airplane image from Fly By using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, and color it with Copic Markers.  Use Fly By Elle-Ments to die cut airplane.  Adhere to card front with foam squares.
  6. Die cut “hello”  sentiment from white cardstock (four times) using the Fly By Elle-Ments. Adhere each die cut together with liquid adhesive to create a stacked sentiment.   Adhere that to the card front with liquid adhesive.

Easy peasy!!  I just love all the possibilities that this stamp set and coordinating dies have to offer!!  I think it’s my most favorite Avery Elle stamp and die set to date!!  And that’s saying a lot, because I love so many of the Avery Elle designs.  But to date, it’s my fave.  I hope you’ll click on through to the Avery Elle Design Team Blog to see the deliciousness that Katie Gehring has to share with you today, too!  I know you  won’t be disappointed!

Okay, friends.  That’s it for me today.  I have lots of crafting to do this weekend, so I’m really looking forward to that!  I hope you all have some pretty fabulous plans in store for your weekend.  Thanks so much for stopping by today – you make my heart smile when you do!!




6 comments:

sharin said...

Wellll, that puffy little hello is about the cutest die ever. Some people are so talented to think up these things! Thanks for sharing this darling card.

AJ Bodine said...

Wow, I'm absolutely in love with this creation! What a super fun card!!!

Shelly said...

This is sooo CUTE! Love it!

Unknown said...

I love that cloud stencil. Do you know who made it?

Erin Smetak said...

The Hello is adorable!!!!! Love your card! Happy Crafting this weekend!!! {hugs}

Geri said...

Yep...time seems to be 'flyin by' faster each year that I grow older! I'm sure it takes me twice as long to do a task now as it did a few years back!

Sa-weet treat for the eyeballs this morning! Your clouds are FABULOUS! Cutie-patootie plane, especially love how you "tied" it together with the red & white twine!

Have a happy crafty day dear friend!