It’s been pretty quiet around here, huh?!!! Lots of things going on behind the scenes, but nothing that I can share with you just yet . . . *wink* But I wanted to pop in quickly to share another of the projects I created using products from the current Avery Elle New Release!! Check it!
I am OBSESSED with rainbows of late!! I find it to be such a happy trend that I hope never goes away!! And I’m also kind of obsessed with ink blending. Truth be told, there was a time when I thought ink blending was “of the devil.” But now that I kind of have the hang of it, I’m really digging it!! So this project features the new stamp set called Party Bunny – another adorable party balloon (the Party Animal stamp set is one of Avery Elle’s biggest sellers!) that I love!! Here’s how I created it!
- Trim an A2 top-folding card base from white cardstock; score at 5.5” and crease with Teflon Bone Folder.
- Trim a 2” x 5.5” strip of black and white striped paper from the Neutral Collection Paper Pad. Adhere it to the left edge of the card base.
- Trim an A2 image panel from white cardstock; using the Dotted Borders straight edge Elle-Ment, die cut an inch off the left side of the image panel. Adhere it to the card base, right side, with foam squares.
- On a scrap piece of white cardstock, blend Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks with an ink blending tool, overlapping the colors to create a blended rainbow.
- Using Avery’s Alphas Elle-Ments, die cut an H, two P’s, and a Y from the ink blended scrap. Die cut the same letters three more times from white cardstock; adhere the layers together, putting the colored letter on top.
- Stamp the Party Bunny image onto the ink blended panel using VersaMark and heat emboss using clear embossing powder. Using the Party Bunny Elle-Ments, die cut the bunny balloon.
- Doing a bit of stamp surgery, trim off the word “Happy” from the “Happy Birthday to You” sentiment – this is from the Handwritten Notes stamp set. Ink up the sentiment with VersaMark and stamp it onto some New Moon cardstock; heat emboss it with white embossing powder. Trim it into a strip, angling the left corner.
- Adhere the sentiment strip to the card base with foam squares; adhere the letters above the sentiment strip, leaving room between the H and the first P for the Party Bunny.
- Attach a string of crochet thread to the back of the Party Bunny with some tape, and tie another scrap into a bow; adhere the bow to the bunny with a glue dot. Adhere the Party Bunny balloon to the card base with foam squares, sliding the string underneath the sentiment strip.
That’s it for me today! I’ll be scurrying around like a mad woman today as our kids and grandkids are arriving tomorrow for a visit!!! We are so excited!! I’ll be back next week with more goodies – and maybe even a little giveaway! Please stop by soon to check it out! Have a great weekend!!