I’ll be winging my way to Cabo San Lucas in a few short hours for what I’m sure will be a fun-filled week with my sisters and some girlfriends!! I know, I know . . . you feel sorry for me, right?! Well, it’s tough duty, but I plan to make the most of it! LOL Before I go, though, I wanted to share another Avery Elle Design Team project with you. This one features the new stamp set called Super, as well as the coordinating dies. Check it.
So, Laura Bassen has become the “double partial die-cutting guru” and I am so inspired by her and this technique. I just HAD to give it a try! I watched Laura’s video, here. Here’s how I created my card:
- Trim an A2 top folding card base from white cardstock; score at 5.5” and use a teflon bone folder to perfect the crease.
- Using distress ink and an ink blending tool, blend some orange and pink ink to create a sun setting sky on the card base.
- Draw a line with a pencil and ruler where you want your cityscape to be- this will be your guide when you’re doing your die cutting.
- Stamp the cityscape image from the Super Stamp Set with white pigment ink.
- I aligned the Circle Tag Elle-Ment, secured it with a piece of post-it tape, and ran that through my Big Shot, again stopping at the pencil line.
- Remove the portion of the die cut above the cityscape.
- Wrap some black and white striped washi tape on the bottom portion of the image panel.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Bunting stamp set onto a piece of white cardstock. Trim the left edge at an angle and adhere it to the image panel with foam tape.
- Adhere the image panel to the card base, aligning the opening of the image panel with the inked sky on the card base, with foam squares.
- Disperse and adhere clear sequins with liquid glue.
It sounds harder than it looks!! It really is a fun and easy technique that I hope you’ll give a try!!! I’ll definitely be trying this again, too!! I’d love for you to stop by the Avery Elle Design Team Blog to see what my teammate, Katie, has created for you!
Okay, friends, I’m headed to the airport! I’ll be back next Tuesday to share a project from the My Favorite Things new release! I hope you’ll come by again to check it out!! Thanks for stopping by today!!!