Hello sweet friends!!
It’s my second week as a guest over at the Color Throw Down Challenge, and this week’s color combo is another super fun one!!!
Is that not so yummy?!! I feel like the possibilities for this combo are endless. I decided to pull out a super fun holiday set from My Favorite Things called Cozy Greetings, and this card just took on a life of its own! LOL Here’s my take on the challenge!
Oh my goodness – pretty sure I’d win an ugly sweater contest with this baby, right?! LOL Here’s how I created this project:
- Trim an A2 top-folding card base from Gravel Gray Card Stock. Score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
- Die cut a scalloped rectangle from Translucent Vellum using the Scalloped Stitched Rectangles Dies. Die cut an image panel from Sweet Tooth Card Stock using the Stitched Rectangle Dies. Stamp the sentiment from the Cozy Greetings Stamp Set using VersaMark onto the image panel; heat emboss with Leaf Embossing Powder. Adhere the scalloped vellum panel to the image panel with foam squares. Adhere the image panel to the card base with foam squares.
- Die cut the sweater from Ripe Raspberry Card Stock, and the collar, cuffs and waist band from Gravel Gray Card Stock using the Comfy Sweater Die-Namics.
- Stamp the Houndstooth Background onto the sweater using Red Current Pigment Ink.
- Die cut the tree from the chest of the sweater using the Cozy Mitten Die-Namics; die cut it a second time from Simply Chartreuse Card Stock. Insert the green tree into the opening on the sweater and secure using scotch tape to the back.
- Adhere mini prills to the tree using Multi Matte Medium. Adhere the collar, cuffs and waist band to the sweater. Adhere the assembled sweater to the image panel with foam squares.
There you have it!! I am excited to see what you all create using this super fun color combo! For more inspiration, I hope you’ll click on through to the Color Throw Down Challenge Blog to see what the brilliantly talented design team have created for you! I know you’re going to be blown away!
That’s it for me today, friends!! Still running like a chicken with my head cut off to get caught up . . . hoping that I have another productive day today! Thanks so much for stopping by! I’ll be back soon with another Avery Elle Project!