Saturday, December 12, 2015

Avery Elle - Whale Hello!

OMGosh – I clearly lost my mind this week!  I was supposed to post my latest Avery Elle project yesterday, and I completely FORGOT!!  I’ve been super busy trying to get caught up on some things before we leave for Seattle next week for the holidays . . . clearly, I need to pay closer attention to my planner!  LOL  At any rate, I’d love to share my Avery Elle project featuring the Whale Hello Stamp Set and coordinating Elle-Ments with you!





The Whale Hello Stamp Set and coordinating Elle-Ments are so stinkin’ fun and cute!!  My friend, Heather Campbell, illustrated this set (as well as others from the Winter 2015 Release), and I think she “killed” this one! (Get it?  Killed? Killer Whale?  Oh my gosh, I crack myself up! LOL)  I stamped the whale from the Whale Hello Stamp Set, and colored him with Copic Markers.  I die cut him using the Whale Hello Elle-Ments.  I die cut an image panel from some water color cardstock using the Double Pierced Rectangle Elle-Ments, and then used the “ink smooshing” technique to apply color to the right corner of the panel.  Super easy, and so fun to do!  I die cut the hearts using the Sweet Scallops Elle-Ments.  The sentiment is from the Whale Hello Stamp Set, and it’s stamped onto the banner from the Pinked Elle-Ments (which are on sale right now!)  I think everything is pretty self-explanatory.  I hope you’ll click on through to the Avery Elle Design Blog for loads of additional inspiration from my sweet teammates!


That’s it for  me today, friends!  I’m finishing up some projects that I started yesterday, and then I’m headed to a Christmas Cookie Party!  Can’t wait for the fun that is sure to be had by all – one of my fave events of the season!  Sunday, I’ll be hanging with my whino friends for our annual hoilday soiree!  Another fun time, for sure!  (I do love a party! LOL)  I hope you’re enjoying a lovely weekend – thanks for spending part of it here with me!

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Cute card. The sentiment on your card goes perfectly with the card image.

Geri said...

So comforting to know that I'm not the only one who 'slips up' on posting day! It seems like entire days are going missing! There are days when I could likely play hide-and-seek with myself...and lose!

Amazing coloring - your shading is fabulous! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the 'mottled' look that achieved on the whale - looks so real!

Yep, you definitely "killed" this one...in a nice, save the animals kind of way :)

Tracy said...

I so love this card, the "water" background is just fab and sets the card off so well x