Hello sweet friends!
I’m back today to share a project that I created that was inspired by today’s My Favorite Things Weekly Sketch #264. Here’s the sketch:
And here’s my take on the sketch:
I know, y’all . . . you KNOW how much I loves me some cityscapes!! Right? That is totally what I saw in that sketch!! Here’s how I created my project!:
- Trim an A2 vertical top-folding card base from Lemon Drop Card Stock. Score at 4.25”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon bone folder.
- Die cut the NewYork City Skyline Die-Namic from an A2 panel of Black Licorice Card Stock. Use the A2 rectangle die from the Blueprints 16 Die-Namics to trim the bottom and sides of the die cut.
- Die cut an image panel from Sweet Tooth Card Stock using the stitched rectangle die from the Blueprints 15 Die-Namics. Stamp the sentiment from the Amazing Stamp Set onto the image panel using Black Licorice Pigment Ink, and heat emboss it with Clear Detail Embossing Powder.
- Trim two panels, slightly smaller than the stitched image panel, from Orange Zest and Poppy Card Stock. Using the three smallest circle dies from the Circle STAX Set 1 Die-Namics, die cut the largest circle from the white image panel, the next smallest die from the Poppy panel, and the smallest die from the Orange Zest panel. Align the three panels so that the colors are staggered through the aperture on the white panel, and adhere them together with tape adhesive. Adhere the assembled panel to the Lemon Drop card base with foam tape.
- Adhere the New York City Skyline die cut to the card base with foam tape.
So easy and super graphic! I’ve listed all of the products that I used below. This sketch just turns my crank because the possibilities are truly endless! We’d love for you to play along with us and share your take on the sketch! You can find all of the details, including the linky tool for you to link up your project to the gallery, of the sketch challenge right HERE. There are prizes, and lots more inspiration located there, too! I hope you’ll give it a go!
That’s it for me today, friends! I’ll be back on Friday with another project to share with you! I’m winging my way back to Seattle as this post goes live to celebrate my daughter and her soon-to-be baby girl with a shower! Should be a ton of fun, especially since I get to get some loves and cuddles from my other three love-bugs! I hope you have some awesome plans for your day today – thanks so much for stopping by to share part of it with me!