Hello my loves!
It’s been a bit quiet around here this week . . . I’ve been super busy trying to get ahead in my deadlines! But I wanted to pop in to share another Avery Elle project with you. This one features the Canopy Stamp Set, as well as the Sentimental Elle-Ments!
Okay, so I was inspired to play around with the “Stained Glass” technique after taking the last Online Card Class! It was all about Clear and Sheer – acetate and vellum!! I can’t remember which of those smarty pants ladies shared this technique, but I loved it and thought I’d give it a go. Here’s how I created my project:
- Trim an A2, horizontal top-folding card base from Silver Fox Card Stock. Score at 4.25” , fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
- Stamp the floral image from the Canopy Stamp Set using Pure White Pigment Ink onto an A2 panel of vellum, and heat emboss it with White Embossing Powder.
- Flip the embossed panel over and color the back of the vellum (the flowers and leaves) with Copic Markers.
- Fussy cut the image using detail scissors.
- Die cut a frame from White Linen Card Stock using the Double Pierced Rectangle Elle-Ments. Adhere the frame to the card base with foam squares.
- Adhere the colored vellum image to the frame using Vellum Adhesive.
- Die cut the sentiment from White Linen Card Stock four times using the Sentimental Elle-Ments. Adhere the four layers together with liquid adhesive. Adhere the sentiment to the vellum panel with more liquid adhesive.
That’s it! It was a bit tedious and time consuming, but I think the effort was well worth the end result. I’ve listed all of the products that I used below. Please click on through to the Avery Elle Design Blog for more lovely inspiration.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I’ll be back in my craft room today creating some projects for a fun class that I’ll be teaching next month – I’m nervous but super excited! I hope you have some awesome plans in store for your weekend! TTFN!!