Yay!! It’s time once again for another amazing My Favorite Things new release!!!! I’ve been swooning over all of the incredible projects that my uber talented teammates have been sharing during the Release Countdown Days!! And today’s the day that I get to share one of the projects that I created featuring some of the newly released May products!
I combined several of the new May products to create this project. A light bulb went off in my head when I saw the sentiment from the Because You Stamp Set. And I think you all know that rainbows make my heart happy, so it was meant to be – right?! Here’s how I created my project:
- Trim an A2, vertical top-folding card base from Sweet Tooth Card Stock. Score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
- Trim an A2 piece of black and white striped patterned paper from the Dots & Stripes Neutral 6 x 6 Paper Pad. Adhere it to the card base.
- Die cut an image panel from Sweet Tooth Card Stock using the stitched rectangle from the Blueprints 15 Die-Namics. Adhere it to the card base with foam tape.
- Die cut the rainbow once from the following cardstocks: Poppy, Orange Zest, Sunshine, Limelight, Blu Raspberry and Boysenberry, all using the End of the Rainbow Die-Namics. Arrange the strips in rainbow order.
- Adhere the rainbow strips to an A2 piece of Sweet Tooth Card Stock. Die cut the heart using the Stitched Heart STAX Die-Namics. Adhere the heart to the image panel with foam tape.
- Die cut the cloud from Sweet Tooth Card Stock using the End of the Rainbow Die-Namics. Stamp the sentiment from the Because You Stamp Set onto the cloud die cut using Black Licorice Pigment Ink. Heat emboss it with Clear Detail Embossing Powder. Adhere the cloud to the rainbow heart with foam tape.
- Die cut the Because You Die-Namic, three times from Sweet Tooth Card Stock, and once from Black Licorice Card Stock. Adhere the layers together with liquid adhesive, making sure to place the black layer on top. Adhere the stacked word die cut to the cloud die cut with liquid adhesive. Boost the loose edges of the word die cut with small bits of foam tape, just to stabilize it.
- Apply a coat of Clear Wink of Stella to the word die cut and then a coat of Glossy Accents. Allow to fully dry.
- Adhere Sparkling Clear Sequins to the project with Glossy Accents.
Super fun and easy – right?! I’ve listed all of the products I used below – and they’re ALL available in the My Favorite Things Stamp Online Store NOW!! You can find them HERE, or by clicking on the graphic below. Oh, and please click on through to the My Favorite Things Design Blog to be linked to the other fabulous projects that my teammates have created for you!! There are AWESOME prizes to be won – so you don’t want to skip this step!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today – I’ll be hanging out in my craft room trying to get some projects crossed off my to do list in anticipation of a long weekend in Mexico this coming weekend!! Busy, busy, busy!! Hope you have an awesome day, too!