Monday, November 7, 2016

My Favorite Things–Release Replay!


Happy Election Day!!

Print

My sweet teammates from My Favorite Things and I are taking a fresh look at the November Release and coming up with other creative ways to use it!  I actually had a million ideas for the Stylish Snowflakes Die-Namics, but only had time to execute two of them for you!

KKL_NOV0716-Release-Replay

First of all the the Stylish Snowflakes Die-Namics are beautifully delicate and detailed!  I had a blast die cutting them from some Silver Sparkle Card Stock, and they layer like a dream!!  I should mention that because of their intricate details, it may take a few passes through your die cutting machine to get all of the edges to cut.  I like to use the Precision Base Plate for intricate dies like this because you have a higher chance of a clean and thorough cut with one pass through your machine.  The next challenge was getting the die cuts out of the dies.  I don’t have a fool proof method for this – I just exercised a bit of patience (which is unusual for me) and dogged determination, and was finally successful in getting the cuts out of the dies.  The effort was well worth the gain!  Anywho, my vision for this first project was to have one of these amazingly gorgeous and layered snowflakes dangling from a pine tree branch.  I used the Leafy Greenery Die-Namics to die cut some Elf Green Card Stock and adhered them to the stitched rectangle image panel with some liquid glue.  I then layered three of the Stylish Snowflake die cuts together, using more liquid glue, and adhered it to the image panel.  I pierced a hole at the top of the  snowflake and strung some silver elastic cord through it, to make it look like it was dangling from the branch.  The sentiment is from the Joyous Christmas Sentiments Stamp Set, and was stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed with red embossing powder.  And, of course, I had to add my fave Sparkling Clear Sequins to jazz it up a bit.  I’ve listed all of the products that I used below.

KKL_NOV0716-Release-Replay-2

My second project was super easy to put together, and uses the label die from the Blueprints 19 Die-Namics in an unexpected way.  I love to stretch my dies like that!  So I again layered several of the Stylish Snowflake die cuts together with some liquid glue.  I die cut an image panel from Smooth White Cardstock using the rectangle from the Blueprints 1 Die-Namics.  I stamped the sentiment from the Snowfall of Blessings Stamp Set in VersaMark and heat embossed it with Silver Detail Embossing Powder.  I die cut some blue and white polka dot paper (from the Birthday Blowout 6 x  6 Paper Pad) using the label die in the Blueprints 19 Die-Namics.  I used my trimmer to cut the label in half (from point to point) and then I adhered each side of the label to the image panel with foam tape.  I adhered the assembled snowflake with some liquid glue, and adhered the image panel to the Smooth White card base with more foam tape.  This project would be super easy to mass produce!!  Again, I’ve listed all of the products that I used below.

That’s it for me today, friends!!!  Please click on through to the My Favorite Things Design Blog to be linked to the other Release Replays that my teammates have created for your inspiration using the November Release!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope that you have a great day!!

PINE BRANCH SNOWFLAKE PROJECT:



LABEL SNOWFLAKE PROJECT:

No comments: