I hope you’ve been enjoying the amazing countdown projects that my brilliant teammates have been sharing the last several days! This month’s My Favorite Things release is AH-MAZING!! I’m so excited to share the project that I created for tonight’s release!
My sweet little lovebug, Lucy, turned one last month, so I made her a little personalized birthday card using a few of the new products from this month’s release! I just love all the darling little critters that are designed to fit inside that balloon perfectly! The Up In the Air Stamp Set is just too cute for words!! Here’s how I created my project:
- Trim an A2, horizontal, top-folding card base from Smooth White Card Stock. Score at 4.25”, fold in half and perfect the crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
- Trim an A2 panel from blue and white striped patterned paper (from the Hearts & Stripes 6 x 6 Paper Pack) and adhere it to the card base with tape runner adhesive.
- Trim an A2 panel from Smooth White Card Stock and die cut it using the stitched rectangle from the Blueprints 15 Die-Namics.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Up In the Air Stamp Set onto the image panel using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink.
- Die cut an aperture from the center of the image panel using the Stitched Dome STAX Die-Namics. Adhere the image panel to the card base with foam tape.
- Stamp the large balloon, small balloon and cat image from the Up In the Air Stamp Set onto some white card stock using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink. Color the images with Copic Markers, and die cut them using the Up In the Air Die-Namics.
- Adhere the cat to the large hot air balloon with foam tape. Adhere the large balloon and the small balloon to the image panel and card base using foam tape.
- From Smooth White Card Stock, die cut the following:
a. Letters from using the Bottlecap Letters Die-Namics;
b. The number one using the Little Numbers Die-Namics;
c. A heart using the Blueprints 8 Die-Namics; and
d. Three clouds using the Up In the Air Die-Namics.
- Die cut five mini flags from red heart patterned paper (from the Hearts & Stripes 6 x 6 Paper Pack) using the Blueprints 31 Die-Namics. Adhere the letters and heart die cuts to the mini flags using foam tape. Adhere the assembled mini flags to some white crochet thread using 1/8” double-sided tape. Adhere the assembled name banner to the card base using foam tape. Trim the crochet thread and adhere bows on either end using mini glue dots.
- Adhere the number die cut to the large balloon, and the clouds to the card base with foam tape.
There you go! Easy peasy! I was thinking of my Lucy girl the whole time I was creating this card for her. She’s still pretty little, so probably not overly excited about a card. She probably liked the boxes that her gifts came in more than her gifts! LOL But I sure do love that precious little girl!
And I love this month’s new release!! I’ve listed and linked all of the products that I used on my project below!! ALL of the new products are available NOW in the My Favorite Things Online Boutique and can be found by clicking on the graphic above! After you’ve filled your cart, please click on through to the My Favorite Things Design Blog to be linked to the other adorable projects that my sweet teammates have created for your inspiration!
That’s it for me today, friends!! I hope you enjoy the new release, and will share the beautiful projects that you create! I sure appreciate you stopping by today – it’s the highlight of my day when you do!