Friday, August 4, 2017

Avery Elle–Floral Bouquet!

Hello all!!

It’s Fri-YAY, so that must mean that I’m up on the Avery Elle Design Team Blog.  And I’m sad to say, it’s my last post as an official, full time design team member of Avery Elle.  It’s truly been a dream come true to work with the amazing lady behind Avery Elle – Jamie Gracz is a creative genius, and a phenomenal business woman.  I know that Avery Elle is destined for great things with Jamie at the helm!  She works so hard to inspire this creative community, and I think she does a pretty darned good job, don’t you?!!  I’ve been so blessed to be a part of this team, and even more grateful for the friendships I’ve acquired as a result.  I will truly miss working with these ladies.  I plan to pop in occasionally with some Avery Elle inspiration, so don’t think for a second that I’ll be leaving it behind completely!  But I want to thank Jamie, from the bottom of my heart, for giving me this amazing opportunity, for being my friend, and for just being plain AWESOME! Okay, I’m getting weepy just writing this, so I’d better move on to sharing my project, eh?!  LOL

8-4-17-Floral-Bouquet

PRODUCTS USED:

Floral Bouquet Stamp Set
Floral Bouquet Dies
Pure White Pigment Ink

So, I had a blast with this project, featuring the Floral Bouquet Stamp Set, and coordinating dies.  Here’s how I created it:

  1. Trim an A2, vertical, top-folding card base from steel gray card stock.  Score at 5.5”, fold in half, and perfect the crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
  2. Stamp the main floral image and the sentiment from the Floral Bouquet Stamp Set onto the card base using Pure White Pigment Ink. Heat emboss the images using White Embossing Powder.
  3. Color the image using three shades of blue colored pencils (the flowers), three shades of green colored pencils (the leaves), and a red colored pencil (the berries).
  4. Trim an A2 piece of white card stock.
  5. Temporarily position the Floral Bouquet die onto the card base using washi tape.  Slide the white panel behind the die, about half way down the floral image, and secure the panel to the die with more washi tape.  Remove the washi tape that is securing the die to the card base, and run the die and white panel through a manual die cutting machine.  Position and adhere the white panel to the card base with foam squares.  Trim off the upper portion of the white panel using scissors or a paper trimmer.
  6. Adhere Sparkling Clear Sequins to the card base using Multi Matte Medium adhesive.  Adhere a strip of gray and white striped pattern paper to the upper portion of the white panel, to break up the white space.

There you have it!  The Floral Bouquet Stamp Set is great for showcasing a dramatic focal image!  Detailed and dramatic – what more could you ask for?!!  I’ve linked the products that I used above.  Please click on through to the Avery Elle Design Blog for more lovely inspiration!

I’ll be back a little bit later to share another project for you!  I hope you’ll come back again very soon!  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Lisa - papergrace said...

This is so incredibly beautiful, Karolyn. Love the big, bold floral bouquet and all the perfectly shaded blues you chose. Gorgeous card, but I'm so sad to read that you won't be on the Avery Elle DT any longer. :'( I guess that just means I stalk, ummm, READ your posts from your other DT work. ♥