For me, the Fourth of July represents so many wonderful things about being a U.S. citizen! But my fondest memories revolve around family BBQ's, bonfires, and fireworks. I hope that I've captured the essence of my memories in my project. First, my card uses an adorable digi image from Shirley's 2 Girls called Family Fun (DG 22). I created a "shaker card" using the following steps:
- I printed the image three times; twice on white cardstock, and once on a transparency.
- I cut out the cake portion of the image with my scissors, and then used my Square Nestabilities to cut out the main panel. I also created a square scalloped frame around the main panel using my Square Scalloped Nestabilities.
- I cut the transparency panel smaller than the main panel, and adhered it to the back of the main panel using red sticky strip.
- I then used foam tape on the back of the main panel to create a raised frame. I poured star confetti inside the foam tape frame.
- I colored the second cardstock printed image using my Copic markers.
- Next, I cut out the colored image panel and attached it to the back of the main panel so that the image lined up with the cut-out on the front panel.
- The card base is 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" square. I layered white cardstock and the striped designer paper on the card base. Next, I cut out another square red panel, and cut that in half, creating a triangle panel. The star designer paper is layered on top of that.
- Royal blue polka dot ribbon was added, as well as a computer-generated sentiment cut out with a Spellbinders tag die and attached using Scrapper's Floss. Dazzling Diamonds was added as an accent using my Quickie Glue Pen.
Easy sleezy!! As a finishing touch to my Fourth of July project, I created a gusseted clear bag with all the makin's for two smores (got this cute idea from Nichole Heady's blog)! Now THAT'S what Fourth of July is all about for me!! I created a fun little tag using another darling digi image from Shirley's 2 Girls called Independence Gracie (DG 19). Isn't she so cute? Bonfire and fireworks, here I come!!
Your last stop on the hop is Tammy Bayer's blog, Dapple Designs, be sure to stop by!
I've been promising blog candy for reaching 10,000 hits!! As a reward to you, my wonderful crafty friends, I've compiled a fantastic selection of brand new goodies unlike you've ever seen before! To enter to win this array of goodies, all you need to do is leave me a comment here on this post telling me what your favorite Fourth of July memory is. One entry per person, please. I'll draw one lucky winner using Random.org - so everyone has a chance to win! I'll accept your comments until 10:00 a.m. (PST) Monday, July 6th, and will announce the winner on Monday afternoon right here on my blog. Don't forget to leave your email address so that I can contact the winner! Good luck!
Here's a list of what you can win:
|Small Handbag Alterable Box|
|Craft and Mini Dot N Go Glue Dots|
|Memento Full-sized Ink Pads - Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa, and Rose Bud|
|Palette Vintage Cream Pigment Ink Pad|
|Palette Noir Black Hybrid Ink Pad|
|(2) Alterable Clothes Pins|
|Cuttlebug Flowers Dies|
|Cuttlebug Floral Borders Dies|
|Cuttlebug Ornamental Dies|
|Cuttlebug Asterisks Dies|
|Cuttlebug With Gratitude Embossing Folder & Die|
|Cuttlebug Celebration Stamps Embossing/Die Set|
|Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Paisley Dies|
|Martha Stewart Drippy Goo Border Punch|
|Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch|
|EK Success Embossed Curve Border Punch|
|EK Success Diamond Lace Border Punch|
|Koh-I-Noor 24 Woodless Colored Pencils|
|Maya Road Trees Clear Singleton Stamp|
|Memory Box Vintage Garden Clear Stamp Set|
|October Afternoon Hometown Clear Stamp Set|
|October Afternoon County Fair Clear Stamp Set|
|Paper Inspirations Stylized Florals Clear Stamp Set|
|Kitchen Sink Plaid Plus Clear Stamp Set|
|Sassafras Lass Olivia & Pals Clear Stamp Set|
|Sassafras Lass Oliver & Friends Clear Stamp Set|
|Yellow Bicycle Vita Bella Clear Stamp Set|
|Martha Stewart Clear Pattern Stamp Set|
|KI Memories Mini Alphabet Soup (donated by ABC Toys & Crafts)|
|Herma Dotto Dots Dispenser (donated by ABC Toys & Crafts)|
|Making Memories Hampton Funky Fibers (donated by ABC Toys & Crafts)|
|Hero Arts Letters Chipboard (donated by ABC Toys & Crafts)|
|Making Memories In Bloom Mini Brads (donated by ABC Toys & Crafts)|
|Making Memories Circle Brights Crystal Brads (donated by ABC Toys & Crafts)|
|Papertrey Ink 2008 Bitty Box Basics Cardstock Pack|
|Cosmo Cricket Double Deck Pad - Lil' Man & Snorkel|
|Cosmo Cricket Double Deck Pad - Girl Friday & Everafter|
|Ultimate Celebration Cards Book|
Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Fourth of July!!