Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Share the Joy!


Hola Chickies!!

It's another beautiful Tuesday in card land, and I have a super cute Christmas card to share with you today. It features one of Hero Arts' brand spankin' new cling stamps called Share the Joy Snowman.

I am in LOVE with these new cling stamps!! Wanna know why?!! Well, first of all they're made of deeply etched rubber - the impression was perfecto in just one try. Second of all, the image is indexed on the back of the cling, so that when you attach it to your clear block, the image shows through!! I LOVE that!! The third thing that I love about them, besides that this one's stinkin' cute, is that I can cut the sentiment with my handy dandy Tonic scissors so that it can be placed in any kind of configuration. That's what I did here. I snipped each word of the sentiment and placed them on my block to fit the space on my card. How flippin' cool is that?!! ABC Toys & Crafts has recently received a huge shipment of these cling stamps - some for the holidays, some for every occasion. Check them out HERE for yourself!!

Okay, so back to the card. I stamped the snowman image onto kraft cardstock using Vintage Cream pigment ink, and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I then colored the image with my Lyras and Gamsol, and cut him out. I think the rest is pretty self-explanatory. I'll include a list of materials below.

I apologize for the poor quality of my photo. My husband and I are on our way back down to AZ for the winter. I'm writing this from a Best Western in Jerome, Idaho. Needless to say, I made this at the speed of light right before I left, and photographed it in our hotel tonight. I think I'll sign off for the night, as my body is fatigued from telling my husband how to drive. And I have another big day of the same tomorrow. Must get my beauty sleep!!

Before I sign off, I thought I should remind you that you have four more days to take advantage of my exclusive 15% off code at ABC Toys & Crafts. My code is ABC15K, and can be used as often as you like between now and October 10th. All you have to do is enter my code upon checkout.







STAMPS: Share the Joy Snowman
INK: Vintage Cream Pigment Ink (PTI), Rich Cocoa (Memento)
PAPER: Vintage Cream CS (PTI), Kraft CS (PTI), Home for the Holidays and Winter's Wings 6 x 6 Paper Pad (Webster's Pages), Old Olive CS (SU)
ACCESSORIES: Old Olive Ribbon (SU), Buttons, Scrapper's Floss (Karen Foster), Glue Dots, Dimensional Squares (EK Success), 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Scalloped Circle Punch, Scalloped Border Punch (SU), Corner Rounder, Lyra colored pencils, gamsol

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

Terri said...

And here I was ready to give you kudos for assembling this card while riding in the car! This is darling and shame on that hotel for not having better lighting to take your pic! Love that you used your Lyra's/OMS for this one, what did you think?!

I know what you mean about the whole "helping your husband drive thing", it IS exhausting and slightly annoying that they never really "appreciate" the help! So ungrateful! Can't wait till you get here...sunny and mid 80's, gotta love it~

Michelle L. said...

This card is adorable, Karolyn! Have a safe drive!

Justine said...

What a fantastic image. I am totally heading over to check them out. You know I have no clue how my husband ever arrives any where safely without me sitting beside him telling him how to drive safely.

Erin Smetak said...

This card is fantastic!!!! Fabulous job as always!!

It must be a wife thing to tell their husbands how to drive! Kevin just stops the car and makes me drive! LOL! Safe travels!!!!
I can't believe you're heading back down to AZ already! I feel like you were just talking about going back to WA! Time does fly!