Monday, April 12, 2010

I Love You Grandma . . . .

Hi Friends!

I'm so sorry that I've been MIA lately.  I've been working really hard to get settled here in WA and have been catching up with old friends.  I also spent the weekend with my youngest at WSU for my last Mom's Weekend.  We had such a great time - lots of laundry, shopping, eating good food, laughing at Jay Leno (he was the entertainment!), and just hanging out with each other.  Good times, good times.


I'll be busy this week getting ready for my oldest daughter's baby shower that my sister and I are throwing.  There are a couple of fun baby shower papercrafting projects in my future, and I'll be sharing a few of them with you here this week.  But today, I wanted to share another card that I threw together for the most recent CARDS Magazine pub call.  It features two new stamps sets from Gina K Designs.  I'm kind of obsessed lately with doilies and sewing images, and these are no exception.  I'll definitely be using these images again.

STAMPS:  Nana's Needlework and Nana's Needlework Sentiments (Gina K Designs)
INK:  Rich Cocoa (Memento)
PAPER:  Spring Moss CS (Papertrey Ink), Gossamer DP (Memory Box), White CS (Neenah)
ACCESSORIES:  Janome Sew Mini, Lace (JoAnn's), Spring Moss Satin Ribbon (Papertrey Ink), Stampin' Dimensionals (Stampin' Up!), Corner Rounder (EK Success)

I'm off to run some errands for the baby shower.  I'll be back tomorrow with my ABC Toys & Crafts project.  Speaking of ABC Toys & Crafts, Julie (the owner) has an amazing give away going on at the store blog - she's giving away a set of Copics people - you NEED to get over there quickly and enter to win!!  (CLICK HERE)----->FREE COPICS<----------(CLICK HERE)



5 comments:

Two Happy Stampers said...

Your card is just gorgeous!! I hope you get picked for publication! =)

Michelle L. said...

this is so, so pretty Karolyn! I love green and lavender together.

Erin Smetak said...

Oh no! Stitching and doilies are your new favorite things?! The "grandma" in you is starting to come out! Hahahaha!

Seriously, a gorgeous card! I hope it gets picked up!!!!! My fingers are crossed for ya!

Justine said...

This is stunning!!! Wait till you hear who the newest DT member is for Nina's stamps!!!!!!! BTW, I totally AGREE with Erin. LOL

Pat (mspfd) said...

Absolutely stunning. Colors, design and that lace/ribbon are a gorgeous combination.

Miss you too, my friend!