Monday, November 29, 2010

Peace . . . and Cyber Monday Sale!

Happy Monday!!

I had such a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration with the part of my family that were here in AZ.  My kids celebrated with the other half of my family in WA, so they were sorely missed . . . especially my sweet little Brecken.  But we were grateful to have the family that we did have here, and celebrated our gratitude for all the blessings that we enjoy in our lives.  I hope that your Thanksgiving was just as precious and fulfilling as mine!
Peace Stampavie
STAMPS:  Sabine Watching Snow Fall (Stampavie/Sarah Kay), Merry Christmas Trees (Hero Arts)
INK: 
Tuxedo Black (Memento)
PAPER:  Ripe Avocado CS, Scarlet Jewel CS, Kraft CS, and Vintage Cream CS (Papertrey Ink), Tradition DP (Fancy Pants)
ACCESSORIES: 
White Liquid Applique (Marvy Uchida), Classic Rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), 3D Dots (EK Success), Copic Markers, Scarlet Jewel Grosgrain Ribbon (Papertrey Ink), Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin’ Up!), Janome Sew Mini, Cuttlebug

So it’s Stampavie week at ABC Toys & Crafts.  My sweet DT sisters will all be sharing their favorite Stampavie image with you all, and I’m starting the week off with my fave Sarah Kay stamp called “Sabine Watching Snow Fall.”  Is she not the sweetest thing ever?!  And check out that sparkly snow!!  That’s White Liquid Applique and Dazzling Diamonds applied while still wet, then heat set with my embossing gun.  I am so in love with the effect that the heat has on the White Liquid Applique – it just pops right off the page and adds some amazing dimension, don’t you think?

I stamped Sabine onto cream cardstock using Tuxedo Black ink.  Then I colored her with my Copic Markers – I haven’t had those babies out in a while and it felt good to play with them again.  I cut the image out using Classic Rectangle Nestabilities and my Cuttlebug.  The sentiment came from a new Hero Arts holiday set called Merry Christmas Trees (currently out of stock)– isn’t it pretty?  The layout is a SHAMELESS CASE of a card I saw on Julie Lacey’s blog HERE.  I even used the same DP and everything!  The only changes I made were the image and the sentiment.  I’d been feeling a little under the weather all day yesterday and my brain just wasn’t working right.  Julie’s work always inspires me so thank you, Julie, for helping me knock this out.

So, did you all do any Black Friday shopping?  Not me, folks!  I did that last year with my daughter, and it took me three days to recover from it!  LOL  I did, however, venture out on Saturday for a hair appointment AT THE MALL and feared that I’d never find a parking place!  I was pleasantly surprised to find a spot right out front of the salon, so I had me some PARKING KARMA!!  LOL  Anyways, I plan to do a bit of “Merry Christmas to Me” Cyber Monday shopping – how about you?!  ABC Toys & Crafts is having an amazing sale, offering EVERYTHING IN THE STORE at 25% OFF!!  Wow, how cool is that?!!  Oh, and just so you know, Santa has already delivered some of the brand spankin’ new Slice Elite’s to ABC Toys & Crafts.  AND rumor has it that there is going to be a pretty hefty price increase on the Slice Elite as well as it’s accessories in the very near future, so if you’re on the fence about buying any or all of the Slice products, you might want to take advantage of this sale NOW!!  The sale ends November 30th – just click on the blinkie below to shop, and use Discount Code BFCM2010.  Come on – you deserve to treat yourself!!  I heard you’re on the “Nice” list.  Hehehe
Cyber Monday Sale

That’s it for me today, chickies!!  I’m so appreciative of your visit today, and hope that you’ll stop by again real soon!

1 comment:

Erin Smetak said...

Very sweet card Karolyn!!! That image is lovely! So perfect for Christmas, waiting for Santa to come!